"Betty, listen to me. You are in no way a bad person. You're allowed to miss him, you're allowed to miss the old version of him. You have as much right as anyone else. He's still your dad" I assured but she just shook her head in protest.

"No. No. No, I cant. You can see what people think of him...what they think of me. I'm just a killers daughter" she argued.

"No Betty, you are so much more than that. Please believe me. Please let yourself grieve, you're going to make yourself ill" I begged. The conversation ended like that before I took her back to her old house...my new one. She'd lost everything, even her home. I helped her get into bed before pressing a kiss to her forehead, leaving so she could get some rest. I slumped on the couch and rested my head back in frustration. She was slowly losing everyone and everything and there's nothing I could do. Nothing.

Betty's POV

I had pretty much ignored Jughead the next day and the Monday morning before school. He finally paused me outside of the school gates.

"I know you're not up for talking, but come find me if you need anything okay?" he spoke and I just nodded in response.

"Betts..at least say something" he pleaded. I shrugged, not knowing what to do or say. He sighed and finally gave up, walking to his locker. I walked to mine and opened it up to an array of pictures on the inside door. Photos of me and Jughead, me and my family, me and Veronica, me with Archie, Veronica and Jughead and a few with Kevin. All of those pictures holding happy memories in their contents. I smiled at the sight but my frown dropped as the whispers began. Phrases like "she has the nerve to show her face" and "she's just like him" echoed throughout the halls. Every word began to overlap and close in on me just as the walls did. I began to space out as I saw the scowls and looks of disgust everyone gave me. No one cared. I called out Jughead's name, not actually knowing whether the words came out of my mouth before I dropped to the floor. 

Jughead's POV

I grabbed my text books out of my locker before slamming it in frustration. I started to walk towards English, not waiting for Betty cause she clearly didn't want me around. 

"Jug!" I heard someone call. I turned around and saw Archie running after me. 

"I'm not in the mood for talking Arch" I sighed.

"No, its Betty. She collapsed to the floor and she cant breathe properly" he revealed and my eyes widened. Shit. We rushed through the halls together until we made it to where the school nurse was sat with Betty by her locker.

"Betts, hey listen to me" I rushed my words after pushing past the nurse.

"Baby, just take it slow yeah? Just let it happen, breathe through it" I whispered, holding her loosely. 

"Get me out of here" she whispered, choking on her words. I looked up at Archie worriedly.

"I'll go talk to the receptionist. I will get her to sign you both out" he spoke. The nurse had left to get her some water so it was just us sat in the empty halls. 

"I wish you wouldn't let it get this bad" I sighed, disappointed that she couldn't talk to me. I got no response. Once she had calmed down a bit I took her home and she sat on the couch. 

"I'll make a drink or something" I spoke bluntly. I made us both a hot chocolate and sat down next to her in silence. 

"Please don't be mad at me" she begged after a few minutes. 

"I'm..I'm not mad. I'm just upset that you can't talk to me. You wait until something like this happens and then it all comes out" I explained.

"Because I don't want your pity and I definitely don't want you picking up the pieces. People in that school, my best friend, have got more to be upset about than I do" I argued.

"Betts, I keep saying this to you. You have lost your dad too"

"There's a difference. Mine's not a hero, he's a villain" I fought back. 

"But he's family. He's part of you, he always will be. I want you to grieve for him before you make yourself ill from this" I explained. 

"I'm sorry" she mumbled as she lay against my chest. 

"There's nothing to be sorry for baby. Just talk to me about these things okay?" I asked.

"Okay. I love you" she smiled. I wiped her stray tears away and pressed a kiss to her hair.

"I love you too gorgeous" I replied. She's on a slippery slope and I'm hoping she doesn't tumble down it...