Different

Betty's POV

Age 15
For weeks now I've been trying to convince my mum otherwise. She can't make me....she just can't.

"Betty honey, calm down" my mum sighed.

"No! You can't make me go!" I cried.

"You want to live in this dump for the rest of your teenage years? You are moving to the Northside and you will go to Riverdale high, it's all sorted" she explains.

"But what about my friends? Toni? Sweets? Fangs? Jug? All the northsiders will judge me! I'm not pink and preppy like them! I wear black and dress in baggy clothes" I whined, knowing I was going to be picked on.

"Darling, I need you to get a good education. Southside high is full of dangerous people, drugs and alcohol. Now come on, get in the car!" she raised her tone before I stomped off outside. All of my friends were stood around and I went to hug them.

"Nope. No group hugs" Sweetpea scowled.

"Get in here or I'll slap your head" I ordered and he stuck his tongue out before hugging me.

"No beating up Northsiders whilst I'm gone" I instructed, laughing at him.

"But that's my favourite hobby" he whined sarcastically.

"Okay...i don't know if I'll miss you" I joked. He winked before I moved onto Fangs and he picked me up, spinning me around.

I squealed and he spoke "if you find any Northside hottie's, I'm expecting an Instagram message from them. Don't let me down little coop" he smiled and pecked my cheek.

"Wow...no 'ill miss you' or 'love you'? Just wanting a boyfriend" I laughed. He pecked my cheek again before Toni dragged me away. She hugged me tightly before we did our mini hand shake.

"Well....my one girl is gone. I'm stuck with these three ding bats. Please don't leave Bettyyyyy" she whined, gripping my arms.

"If you're willing to have a go at my obsessive, annoying mum then have at it TT. I'm not gonna see you much anymore... maybe not at all. My mum wants to leave the Southside behind... everything included" I exclaimed, putting frowns on everyone's faces.

"She can't do that!" Sweetpea argued.

"She's Alice Cooper" Jughead replied before wrapping his arms around me. I melted into his embrace and rested my head against his chest.

"Stay safe little coop" he smiled. The difference between Jughead and the rest of them is I've known him since birth. Our parents are best friends, always have been but now my mum wants that gone. The Southside had started to develop more drugs and she doesn't want to be around it. So she's acting like it doesn't exist, like we've always been northsiders. She doesn't give crap about my opinions.

Toni smirked at me and made kissing noises at the both of us. We both rolled our eyes, we're friends...that's all. That's all he wants it to be at least...

"Betty, come on. We need time to unpack" my mum interrupted. Polly was in the car along with my dad.

"The least you can do is give me a few minutes with my friends" I scowled. She sighed, shaking her head and getting in the car.

"I don't wanna go Jug" I whispered, his arms tightening around me.

"I know Coop, but keep in touch. We'll see eachother again at some point. Please don't let those Northsiders get you down okay? They're not worth it" he assured. I nodded and we all joined in a group hug.

"I'm gonna miss you guys" I sniffled. It would be different if I was allowed to see them but we've got to leave our past behind. That's what mum says anyway.

"No tears!" Fangs laughed, sniffling himself.

"Betty! Now!" I heard and rolled my eyes. I waved goodbye to them all before hopping into the car.

"Why were you taking so long?" Polly spat.

"Cause I actually have friends" I snarked, making her get into a sulk.

"New life kiddos!" my mum cheered making me roll my eyes for the millionth time that day.

2 days later

We settled in fine. I got a nice room and I enjoyed the views of actual greenery rather than just trailers. Riverdale high was getting better, I've made a friend called Kevin and another called Veronica. I've been strictly told not to mention I use to be a southsider but even then, the popular students have still been picking on me.

3rd person

As Betty grew closer with the Northsiders, she grew away from the Southsiders. She began to lose contact with them, reply bluntly to messages, cancel on meet ups. She became a cheerleader, something she'd usually hate. The girl in black clothing and messy hair was slowly being transformed into pink and preppy. This didn't sit well with her old friends. They missed her like hell, nothing felt the same. There was no laughter, less brightness, no moral support for any of them. It was like she just vanished and the truth is...she kinda had. One minute everything was perfect, the next minute she's unrecognisable. Brainwashed into being someone she's not. She's....different.

A/N this is short but there will be a part two❤️❤️