28 ||

MJ had never responded well to alcohol. In fact, she rarely drank alcohol because she did not understand the purpose of drinking at all. Why would someone spend their precious time drowning themselves in alcohol? She did not know the answer to that until today, and her answer was Logan Parker.

She did not drink a lot; she just had a few half-filled glasses of the whiskey she found in Sonya's cupboard. It turned out that her brother was in love with a drunkard. She chuckled at the thought. While she was calling Sonya a drunkard, she was tipsy and was starting to imagine crazy things and do crazy things. One moment, she thought she was crying, but she would not cry now, would she? She never cried.

Staring at the blue-covered room made her want to cry, if she had not done it already. MJ sat on top of the couch in Sonya's apartment and did not fear that she would fall on her back if she was not careful enough.

A lot of things ran through her head as she thought about the next day.

She was still in her navy-blue dress that she had worn to work and her hair was tied in a messy bun. Tomorrow would mark as her last day at 'work' and in Cape Town, and at this point, she would miss Sonya's apartment, which unlike her house filled with expensive furniture and marbles, was simple and homely.

Too bad, tomorrow would be her last day in Cape Town. Ha! She snorted, almost falling off the couch.

She knew very well that, that theory was too good to be true. Men like Logan Parker were not people who forgave things such as betrayal and humiliation so lightly; their reputation preceded them. The relationship between Logan and Sonya was not always like this; they were not the best of friends, but they got along. However, there seemed to be a great shift in their relationship; Logan hated Sonya with every born in his body, and there was no other explanation to this except for the fact that Sonya did something to provoke Logan.

Then there was her, 'May Smith,' the woman who emptied a bottle of champagne on him in public. Now that was something Logan Parker would never ever forgive in his life. Logan knew nothing about May and knew that the only way he could inflict his revenge on her was by keeping her in the company. He was planning something, and MJ knew all too well. What else would she expect from him after he met her supposedly sick grandmother in Australia yesterday? The answer to that was anything. Anything should be expected from Logan Parker, and MJ Billings was armed and ready for anything and everything coming her way. Logan Parker was smart, but she was smarter. After all, it takes two to tango.

MJ's phone rang, snapping her out of her thoughts. She sighed and carefully sat back down on the couch, and placed her feet on the clear glass coffee table. She slowly pulled her phone from the table and placed it on her ear. "Hello?" She almost slurred, but was saved by the yawn that escaped her lips.

"Hey, May! It is me, Sonya." Sonya said, and MJ sighed deeply. Finally, the call she had been expecting. "May, why have you been ignoring my calls?" She asked in a sad tone.

That was all the reassurance MJ needed to determine her fate at Parker's Enterprises and South Africa for the next few days. "I'm fine, Sonya; how nice of you to think of me." MJ answered sarcastically, with her one arm crossed over her chest and the other on the phone.

Sonya sighed on the other end. "May, there's something I need to tell you." MJ shrugged as if she could not care any less what Sonya had to say. "Please don't get mad?" Sonya said questioningly, and MJ rolled her eyes in annoyance. Sonya was taking this whole sister act too seriously.

"I won't get mad." MJ said in a robotic voice.

"Promise?" Sonya asked in a low voice.

MJ rolled her eyes again at her enemy's actions. "Sonya, I don't have all day." She gritted.