77

“Shannon!” Reina scolded in the background, but Shannon just laughed.

“Haha, you are such a wimp!” Shannon’s laughter boomed through the phone and Jorge closed his eyes.

“Oh! Jorge, please don’t mind her; she’s a bit high right now.” Reina said. “MJ is home, she just needs some rest.” She said tiredly, and Jorge sighed in relief.

“Thank you, Reina. I’m on my way!” He hung up and was about to leave when Logan stopped him.

“Hey, what’s going on?” Logan asked.

“May is at home!” Jorge said impatiently.

“I’m coming with you.” Logan said tiredly.

“No!” Doctor Becker and Jorge answered in unison as if trying to hide something, taking Logan by surprise.

Doctor Becker cleared her throat and continued, “Miss Smith needs some rest; a lot of rest and space. She had a traumatic day, and the last thing she needs is visitors. Jorge, go home and rest, and remember what I told you.” She said to Jorge. “And you…” She turned to Logan. “I told you to rest, look at you; you look like a zombie.” She scolded, and Logan sighed in defeat. “I’m going to drive you back home.” She said and hooked his arm with hers. “Jorge, drive safely.” She nodded at him.

Jorge greeted them goodnight and jogged out of the hospital.

It took Jorge only a few minutes to get home after he sped off from the hospital. Upon arriving home, he stepped out of his car, leaving the door open, and rushed into the house. “MJ!” He shouted the moment he entered the house. “MJ!” He jogged up the stairs and went to her room. “M-” He started, but Antonina shushed him and guided him out of the room. “But…” He trailed off, looking over his shoulder at his sister.

“I understand how you must be feeling right now, but she needs all the rest she can get. I don’t know how she got here, but it seemed as if she had walked with Shannon. She collapsed at the door and Jameson carried her to bed. She woke up for a while, but she didn’t say a single word until she fell asleep.” She explained quietly.

“Can’t I at least lie next to her?” He whispered.

“Give her some space and get some rest yourself. You barely slept since she went missing.” She kissed him on the cheek and left to her room.

Jorge sighed and peeked through MJ’s door. In his eyes, she looked so fragile and helpless, but he knew that would not be the case when she woke up.

Over the years, he had gotten used to MJ’s ability to mask her emotions from people around her, except of course for him. He was the only person she would dare spill her guts too.

Seeing her lying in that hospital bed awoke a feeling he never thought he would feel in his entire life – emptiness, hatred and a slight feeling of vengeance. He swore at that moment that he was going to find out what happened to his sister, and that whoever was responsible for this, would pay.