Chapter Thirty-Eight

A/N: So, here it finally is, the last chapter which takes place 2 months later after chapter 37!

I know that I said "Must Love Dogs" would have a few more chapters. However, I ended up combining a few ideas and come up with this. I just wanted to say thank you all for your encouraging words and reviews. I wouldn't have written this story for this long if you all hadn't loved it so much. With that being said, just a quick shout out to JRdrgzXO for her continuous support and allowing me to rant when this story got frustrating with ideas at times. Thank you, Jacquelyn! You're the best!

Once more, thank you all for the support and for reading. Hope you like the last chapter of "Must Love Dogs" it's truly been amazing for me to write. :')

Must Love Dogs- Chapter Thirty-Eight

2 Months Later...

"So, what are the results?" Katherine asked, ringing her fingers together until she could hear her knuckles snap. Her feet dangled and hit against the exam bed as an older blonde woman glanced over her chart with a smile.

"You're pregnant." She told her, watching as the brunette's eyes grew wide and she sniffled a little. "Really?"

"Yes. Congratulations, Mrs. Salvatore." She smiled, watching Katherine turn around and grab her purse from behind her.

"I need to call my husband and tell him the great news." Katherine said, wiping away her tears as she got down from the exam table and thought about giving her doctor a hug. However, the serious look on the woman's face changed her mind.

"Be sure to do that. Have a wonderful day, Mrs. Salvatore." The doctor said, watching as Katherine smiled back at her before exiting the room. "You too."

Her hands shook with excitement as she dialed Damon's cell phone number while walking out of the offices. Katherine smiled the whole way until she came into the parking lot and heard Damon's husky voice answer the phone. "Hello beautiful."

"Hi babe." Katherine replied simply, choking back on her tears as Damon breathed deeply.

"How did your doctors visit go?" He asked her with a curious and anxious tone as Katherine's shaking hands opened the car door and she excitedly said. "It went amazing. I have something to tell you when I get home though."

Damon was quiet for a little while, his mind playing around with the idea of what Katherine seemed to be hiding from him. "I can't wait to hear the news." He smiled as she giggled into the phone. "And, I can't wait to tell you."

The drive home seemed longer than usual as Katherine ran out of the car and straight into the house. "Izzie! Damon!" She shouted out into the quiet house as she frantically searched for her daughter and husband.

"I just got back from dropping Izzie off at my mother's. She wanted to spend some time with our daughter." Damon informed his wife as Katherine frowned a bit and then looked up to see Damon sitting on the couch, a football game was playing on the TV in which he seemed to be completely mesmerized by.

"Can you turn that off for a minute. We need to talk." Katherine said, folding her arms across her chest as Damon's blue eyes shifted upwards and he leaned back into the couch cushions, telling her to sit down beside him because she was shaking.

"I'm sorry." Katherine laughed nervously, feeling Damon's hands on top of hers as he tried his best to calm her down. She closed her eyes while his other hand caressed her cheek and he smiled at her gleefully. "What's going on sweetheart?" He asked.

Katherine's eyes were brimming with unshed tears as she inhaled sharply and then she announced. "I didn't just go to the doctor for a regular check up. Damon, I went because I've been having morning sickness and I wasn't sure at first if it really was what I thought it could be. So," She paused, staring up at Damon who was smiling widely at her with a look of total shock on his face. "We're pregnant?" He asked with a sweet and adoring gaze.