Chapter Thirteen

A/N: M RATED CHAPTER! So, if you all don't like reading somewhat adult content...Feel free to skip this chapter. Thanks!

However, for those of you that do...I'm kind of bad at writing smut..So...Hopefully this won't be too horrible. Enjoy!

Must Love Dogs- Chapter Thirteen

"You can't just sit in the car, the whole time. Let's go inside, Katherine." Damon told his wife, watching as she rolled her eyes, huffing out a breath and sliding out of the seat.

Katherine turned around, opening the car door as she watched Damon help Izzie out of the back seat, hearing her daughter excitedly take her dad's hand and run towards her grandmothers doorstep. "Come on, Daddy!" Izzie told him, her curly brown hair swaying as she looked back to her mother and waved at her.

"Here we go." Katherine murmured under her breath, closing her eyes as she adjusted the straps to her light tan Coach bag. Damon turned back to see his wife looking down at the freshly mowed grass when the front door to the townhouse opened and Maria appeared, her face overly done with botox and a fresh tan, her pitch black straight hair brushing against her shoulders as she bent down and scooped Izzie into her arms. "Hi, angel! I've missed you." Maria told her, kissing the little girl's forehead, turning back towards her son and daughter in law with a smile.

"Damon, Katherine..It's nice to see you." Maria commented, pulling her daughter in law into a tight embrace as she whispered against Katherine's ear. "I was hoping that you wouldn't show up."

Maria watched Katherine straighten herself out, a suppressed cough escaping out of her lungs as she glanced over at Damon and then back to Maria with a wide eyed expression. "I wouldn't dream of being anywhere else at the moment, actually. Now, how about we go inside and talk."

"So, your father wants a birthday party? That's great. But, what does it have to do with me?" Maria asked, crossing her legs over each other as she glanced over at Damon who had Katherine sitting beside him, her hand placed flatly against his thigh.

"Dad wants you there." Damon commented, hearing Maria let out a laugh, rolling her eyes a she pushed herself off of her red chair in the living room and huffed out a breath, staring over at Damon. "Tell your father that I don't want to come. He has a perfectly fine life without me in it, Damon. I don't need to be there. There is no need for me to be there, that's what that tramp, Rose is for."

"Mother, watch your language around Izzie. And, I know you don't like her. But, dad really wants you there." Damon tired again, getting up this time so that he was standing across from Maria in the living room, watching her eyes shift from him, to Katherine and then over into the dining room where Izzie was playing with her barbies.

"I knew that this wasn't some sort of 'let's reconnect visit.' All you wanted was for me to come to your dad's party. Well, I'm sorry sweetheart. But, I'm not attending that function as long as he's still with her. And, since they're married now...And, all she loves him for is his money. I won't ever be attending any party that your father is throwing." Maria told him, exhaling deeply as she went towards the sliding door that lead outside to her back patio.

"I need some air. If the three of you still want to be here. Make yourselves at home. If not, then please close the door behind you, once you leave." She commented, taking a step outside and going to sit on a deck chair.

"I'll go talk to her." Damon began to say, feeling the pull of Katherine stopping him as she cleared her throat.

"I'll do it. Please, Damon. Let me go talk to her." Katherine urged, getting a surprised look from her husband as he took a step back and watched Katherine straighten herself out before she took a few steps towards the back door, looking back at Damon for disapproval. But, when she noticed that he was nodding at her to go, Katherine smiled just a little when she closed the door and took a seat next to a visibly distraught Maria.