Chapter Fifteen

Must Love Dogs- Chapter Fifteen

Stefan: It's me. I got suckered into going on a completely ridiculous adventure last night with your friend, Klaus and..Well- We're stuck at our destination without anyway to get back home in time for your dad's birthday party tonight. It looks like I won't be able to make it. I am so sorry. Please, send him my best. And, I'll be sure to see you sometime this week. P.S. I really hate your friend right now..And, myself. Caroline text messaged to Stefan and hit the send button. Glancing over to see Klaus looking frustrated and annoyed by whoever he was speaking with on the phone.

"What do you mean, we can't fly out on the jet tonight?" She heard Klaus shout into his cell phone angrily. He was annoyed after talking to the pilot for the past twenty minutes and even more irate when they told him that it was too dangerous to fly back to Miami because of the high winds and a problem with the engine on his aircraft.

Caroline leaned against his car, staring at her nails and looking up at the sun shining down upon them. It was early morning in Baton Rouge and here they were- stuck. She knew it had been a bad idea to agree on this little cross country adventure with him so spontaneously. Although, she couldn't deny that they had been having a great time with together since late last night. He had shown her the best of coffee shops earlier this morning, some of the town's greatest history late last night. That was all until the pilot called after a brief inspection of the plane and had told Klaus the bad news.

"Oh, damn it! Fine. Looks like, we'll be staying here tonight then!" Klaus exclaimed, rubbing his face with his hands and glancing over at Caroline as he hung up the phone and exhaled heavily, giving her a sincere apologetic look.

"We're grounded here tonight. My guy who flew us here said that a storm is coming into the area and since he can't get another plane for the next few hours until mine gets fix. It's too dangerous to go back home tonight. And, I'd say let's drive home. But, that would take way too long." He told her honestly, watching her blue eyes widen and her mouth drop open just a bit.

"So, what are we supposed to do? Where are we going to stay..We just checked out of the last hotel that was decent. The rest of them are booked. So, what do we do now? " She asked him, placing her hands on to her hips and envisioning the two of them stuck in a hotel like they had been the night before. Thankfully, Klaus had been kind enough to pay for two separate rooms so that Caroline would feel comfortable.

"I'm sorry, Caroline. Listen, if you'd be willing to do this..We can. I have a condo in town." He told her, watching her arms fall to her sides as she inhaled deeply and crinkled her nose. "How many houses do you and Stefan own, privately?"

Klaus gave her a sweet smile, nodding his head as he stepped in front of her and placed his hands onto each side of her arms, staring into her worried gaze when he admitted. "We have a few. Stefan has a set of rentals and I have this place. It's a rental as well. But, the people who rent it for the summer time aren't here. Although, it is cleaned by someone who comes in two times a week to make sure that everything is in order. And, it's all furnished. Look, we can stay there- only if you want."

Caroline gave him a confused look, tilting her head to the side with a laugh as she asked. "Why didn't you mention that earlier? It would have saved us some time and you, some money."

Klaus turned away from her, just turning his head back for a moment to look her over, licking his lips when he concluded. "I wasn't sure how you'd feel about sharing a space with me just for the night. But, from the sound of it. You seem okay with the idea."

She smirked a little, puffing out her chest and inhaling before she stated. "Well, now I don't have any other choice. Do I? And, besides...I'm curious to see how Klaus Mikaelson lives. I hope you have food at your place. Because, I'm starving."