Chapter Seventeen

Must Love Dogs- Chapter Seventeen-

"Stefan, where the hell are you? You've been ignoring me for the past two days and I don't like it..I don't like it one bit, little brother! Call me back..We have a problem and by problem- I mean massive complication that includes your ex wife from hell!" Damon said in his voicemail, pushing his finger down on the end call button a little too hard.

"I don't understand how he could just disappear like this! Rebekah wants a war against us and she's got one. But, Stefan's oblivious to it! You think he's with that girl..What's her name again, Elena?" Damon asked Katherine, watching as his wife sat across from him, combing over files from the company and shaking her head.

"I'm not scared of a little completion, Damon. I've been competing with Rebekah ever since I joined this family. However, she really will screw herself in this if she thinks that I'll let her win..Because, I won't. SD Reality is our company and she's not going to get one cent. I don't care if she fights dirty either. Because, I'll fight until it rains blood." Katherine explained, running her hands through her hair as she glanced up at her husband who looked as if he was about to rip his hair out. "You know, honey. You're very sexy when you get all competitive." Damon told her, grinning as Katherine smiled too.

"Well, someone needs to put her in her place. She can't screw with us, Damon. She can try. But, she won't get as far as she thinks. I especially love that she thinks her damn brother will cause me to lose my focus on what's important here. Ha, silly woman." Katherine added, watching as Damon got up from his chair, tossing his phone on to the table and glancing up at his wife.

"I need to go find him, Katherine. I'm worried. Not answering his phone isn't like Stefan and I can't reach Caroline. God knows what's going on." Damon said, watching Katherine follow his movements as she stepped in front of her husband, planting a kiss against his lips. "Can you pick up Izzie from daycare before you go to Stefan's?" Katherine asked her husband as she watched his lips curl into a small smile, placing his hands on to both sides of her face as he looked into her eyes and said. "Anything for you. I'll see you soon."

"Daddy, why doesn't Auntie Rebekah still live with Uncle Stefan?" Izzie questioned, causing Damon to bite down on the side of his cheek, hard. He was holding Izzie's hand tightly as they walked towards his brother's house.

Damon paused, turning towards his daughter, bending down to be eye level with her. He watched her eyes glistening, her brown curly hair tilting to the side as it moved with her head and she locked her eyes on to her father in curiosity. He wasn't really sure what to say to his almost 6 year old daughter with her blue eyes and brown curly hair. She looked just like her mother when she was younger and it made Damon smile with pride. He loved, Izzie. Yet, he didn't want her growing up spoiled, like all the other children her age in the private daycare center that he and Katherine would take her to whenever they were busy working.

"Honey, your Uncle Stefan doesn't like Auntie Rebekah anymore." Damon told her, watching his daughter's blue eyes grow wide as she grinned and leaned towards her father, whispering. "Is it because he loves Auntie Caroline more?" She asked, getting a loud laugh out of her daughter watching him shake his head.

"No, I don't think so." Damon paused, not really sure how his daughter knew that Caroline even liked Stefan. Since, he hadn't even been sure of that revelation since she had just mentioned it.

"How, did you.." Damon began to ask, watching Izzie take a step back, placing her hands onto her light yellow colored dress, smiling at her dad when she blurted out. "Daddy! Because, Auntie Caroline always gives Uncle Stefan a silly look whenever she see's him. I think she loves him." Izzie shrugged, grabbing a hold of her father's hand and dragging him towards the front door of Stefan's house.