Chapter Twenty- Three

A/N: THANK YOU guys so much for reading and reviewing! Hope you enjoy this update. :)

Follow me on twitter for updates or to chat about my stories at: BePassionate_24

Must Love Dogs- Chapter Twenty Three

A few weeks had gone by since everything had fallen apart and Elena hadn't spoken to Stefan since.

"You're miserable, aren't you?" Jenna asked her, watching her niece holding up a sign with her brother's and Bonnie's names on it. They were waiting at the airport for them for the last 25 minutes and Elena was getting antsy.

"No, I'm fine. Besides, it wouldn't have lasted anyway." She shrugged, not wanting to get into the details fully of her relationship with Stefan. However, the only person who really knew everything that was going on between them had been Bonnie because Elena had called her the night she had gotten into a fight with him, crying her eyes out and telling her best friend that she didn't know how she was going to get past everything that had happened. So, that's when Bonnie suggested that her and Jeremy come to visit earlier than they had planned and Elena loved the suggestion.

"Bonnie! Jer. Over here!" Elena waved to them, watching as they both held hands and ran towards her, crashing into her as they held her tightly. It had been over a month since they had seen each other and they both knew that being in Florida with Elena was exactly what they all needed.

"Oh, I've missed you so much!" Bonnie exclaimed, stepping away from her boyfriend and hugging his sister as tightly as she could. They had been best friends since they were in diapers and if anyone knew every single thing about Elena Gilbert. It was without a doubt, Bonnie Bennett.

"I missed you too! It's been too long." She told them, walking beside them as Jenna walked up and welcomed them both to Florida, hugging Jeremy and then Bonnie.

"So, I was thinking that you both could settle in and then you two could take Elena out for a little bit of fun." She nudged her niece, smiling just a little as Elena gave her a knowing glance. She wasn't in the mood for fun. Although, having two of the people that she cared about the most with her now would force her to go out and it was a good thing.

"Yeah, we totally need to hit up a few bars and see the sights! Oh and tanning. We really need to tan!" Bonnie excitedly announced as Jeremy laughed, shaking his head.

"While you two tan and hit up the bars. I'll go see the sights. A few road trips in Jenna's car would be fun." He told them, watching Bonnie swat at his arm. "Not without us!" She said with a playful glare.

"So, I'm going to be stuck with the two of you the whole time I'm here for two weeks?" He asked them, watching as Elena and Bonnie smiled gleefully.

"Exactly!" They declared in unison, catching up to Jenna as she walked towards the baggage claim carousels to get their bags.

"This vacation is going to be interesting." Jeremy grumbled as he looked up to see Elena staring from behind before she simply replied with a truthful answer. "Oh, you have no idea how interesting it is here. Welcome to Miami."

"Stefan!" Katherine shouted, pushing open the door to his house as it creaked open. Loud music was blaring from the entertainment center in his living room as Katherine looked around. Beer bottles, expensive crystal glasses were broken and scattered across the floor. Duke was barking outside on the patio at her as she slowly walked through the house that looked as if a tornado had touched down in it.

"Stefan!" Katherine shouted again, letting Duke inside and quickly walking over to the radio as she shut it off, relishing in the silence. "Where the hell is he!" She muttered under her breath as she bent down to pet Duke.