Chapter Twelve

Must Love Dogs- Chapter Twelve

"We need rules." Stefan commented, grinning as Elena rolled her eyes to see him leaning against her car, his arms crossed over his chest as he looked up at her through his black Tom Ford sunglasses.

"Rules? You came all the way outside because Klaus told you I was leaving to tell me that we need, rules? Stefan, we don't need rules. As long as we agree on a few things, this little new arrangement. Should be totally fine." She winked at him, unlocking the car doors.

"Our arrangement is going to be screwed up if we don't have at least a few rules." Stefan argued with her, following Elena and standing in front of the driver side door to block her way into the car.

"Can I leave now?" She asked him with an annoyed tone, tilting her head to the side and huffing out an agitated breath as Stefan took the keys from her hand and spun them around his finger before he placed them into his pocket and turned to step aside.

"You're not letting me leave until we talk about this, are you?" Elena asked as Stefan stepped back, turning to look at her over his shoulder. "No, I'm not. So, how about we chat about this little new relationship status in my office?"

"In your office? Isn't Klaus in your house?" Elena asked him, hearing a loud laugh escape out of Stefan's mouth when his green eyes glistened at her from across the driveway and he shrugged his shoulders back. "That shouldn't matter, Elena. Now, come on and let's have a chat."

Elena watched with curious eyes as Stefan sat down behind a large dark oak desk, a blue pen and a white sheet of paper in his hands when he began to write down a few things.

"Here's my list of what we're not going to do." He told her, gazing up at her as she sat down across from him and gave him a confused look. "You've never done this before, right?" Stefan added, hearing a small chuckle leave Elena's mouth as she shook her head. No, was the answer. Sure, she did have a boyfriend, here and there during when she was in school. But, it was nothing serious and nothing like this at all, since Stefan and her weren't even dating to begin with.

"Will I be staying over or will I just you know...give you what you want and be on my way?" Elena asked him, watching his green eyes come alive when she mentioned 'staying over'.

"I'm not going to do all that cuddling and stuff with you either." Elena told him, watching his head snap up as he grinned, writing her words down. "No cuddling, which is going to mean that you won't be staying for breakfast. So, I won't need to cook."

"It's up to you. If you want to stay over, you can. But, don't expect me to make you breakfast or that I'll cuddle with you either." He stated, smiling a little when he reiterated her own words back at her.

"Fine. I'm okay with that. Besides, it's just sex. So, to add to that. No really late night texts or phone calls and if I decline your offer. Then, you'll have to deal with it." Elena told him, watching his face fall a bit as he nodded.

"Okay, but if I call you during business hours and you're available. I'd like it if you agreed to see me at my office or my house, whichever you decide. You can keep some of your things here. But, this isn't a relationship, Elena. So, let's not make it one." Stefan told her, hearing her huff out a breath, locking her eyes on to him.

"Okay. And, I know that this isn't a relationship. So, because of it. If you really need someone to accompany you to events or your family functions. I'll go with you. But, not as your date. Just a friend." She stated, gazing down to see Stefan write her words down, looking back up at her as he cleared his throat. "Anything else?"

Elena shook her head, adding. "I guess we'll figure out the rest as we go along. Since, neither of us have ever done anything like this."

"Yeah, I guess we will." Stefan repeated, placing the pen down on to the desk and looking over at her face that seemed to fill with a bit of worry. "Are you sure about this?" He asked once more. Stefan watched Elena shift in her seat a little, tugging at her shirt as she smiled sweetly, lifting her hand from her lap and extending it out towards him. "I'm sure. Although, you forgot one on your list." She stated, lips pursed together when Stefan met her gaze and she added. "It's one of the biggest deal breakers."