Chapter Three

Enjoy & Thanks for reading!

Must Love Dogs- Chapter Three

He stood back, tugging Duke's leash and placing him in the back of the car, before turning his attention back to her. Elena watched as Stefan straightened out his suit and looked down at her hand before speaking softly. "This won't change anything, Miss Gilbert. I already have a plan to tear this building down. Surely, a girl like you won't win me over in changing my business plans or my life with attempting to train this dog. I have a very successful real estate agency to run. And, this deal that you're wanting to make with me- It's not going to change anything. I'm sorry, Elena. But, the answer is no. I don't need your help and my dog doesn't need a trainer. How old are you anyways, 18?" Stefan asked her, watching Elena's brown eyes widen as she huffed out a breath and clutched her fists tightly against her palms. He was just as Jenna had described him. A arrogant asshole, someone who clearly thought that all that mattered was money!

" No, I'm 24 actually. And, that's fine with me. You don't want to make a deal with me? Good luck with the destructive dog you have sitting in your car then. He's chewing on your seatbelt. By the way." Elena pointed out, gazing over to see Stefan tug on Duke's collar through the open window, scolding him.

"I guess I'm done here. Look, if you change your mind. Mr. Salvatore..You know where to find me. I'll be here, working my ass off to save my aunt's dog grooming salon- you know the one that you want so badly to get rid of!" Elena commented, exhaling deeply and pivoting on her heels as she heard Stefan let out a small annoyed laugh.

"Do you even know who I am?" Stefan asked her, leaning back against his car and running a hand through his hair, his intense green gaze cutting into her. It was almost like he was undressing her with his eyes.

"Oh, I'm well aware. You're the asshole who's trying to take everything that my aunt has worked her whole life for. And, I'm the girl who won't let you. I think you've run into a road block with your plans." Elena told him, a smirk forming across her lips as she licked them and placed her hands across her chest, hoping that Stefan would stop scanning her body up and down with his heavy intriguing glances.

"What? In You? That's the funniest thing that I have ever heard. Listen here little girl, I've dealt with many women like you and trust me..They always end up caving in and falling to my feet." He told her with a wink, watching as Elena gulped down the bile that formed into her throat as he spoke.

"Oh, I'm sure they do a lot more than fall at your feet. And, I'm not a little girl. Actually, I'm not your average awe struck girl. I know very well, who you are. Mr. Salvatore and I'm not interested at all. I just thought that I'd try to help you out with that dog. But, standing here and listening to you talk. Is driving me crazy. So, I'm really happy that you declined my offer. Now, will you excuse me. I need to go." Elena replied to him, watching as Stefan placed his hands into his pockets, smirking at her as he licked his lips once more and exhaled deeply, watching as she turned back to walk towards the building.

"You'll be seeing me a lot in the next few months. Miss Gilbert. I suggest you get over the annoyance that my voice causes you. And as for the dog. I can handle him all by myself." He told her, watching Elena wave him off as she turned back around just slightly and added. "Oh, I highly doubt that. But, good luck trying it."

"You were right! He's an absolute ass!" Elena ranted, rolling her eyes and sitting down in one of the office chairs that was near Jenna's desk.

Jenna smiled at her sweetly, laughing a little as she rolled up her sleeves to her long gray colored t-shirt. "I know he is. So, what happened out there?" She asked Elena, watching her turn in the chair to face her aunt.