Chapter Twenty-Six

A/N: Hey all! I just wanted to let you all know that I started a new job. So, my updates might not be coming as frequently anymore. However, I can't believe this story is already at 300 reviews..OMG! Thank you all so much for reviewing and following, etc. It means SO much to me!

Anyways with that being said. I just wanted to give a quick shout out to JRdrgzXO for giving me the idea for the Stelena scene in this chapter! You are my stelena writing guru! lol. ;)

Warning: There is a bit of adult content towards the end of the story with Stefan and Elena. So, if you all aren't comfortable reading that. Please, feel free to skip it. It's my attempt at writing very smutty things...

Follow me on twitter for updates or if you want to chat about my stories at: BePassionate_24

Enjoy!

Must Love Dogs- Chapter Twenty-Six

"That little bitch!" Rebekah shouted, slamming the front door to the condo as she watched Elijah lift his head up from the couch.

"I'm sleeping over here." He commented in a flat tone, watching his little sister search for empty boxes.

"Damn it! I knew that she was going to screw me over!" She hissed out, glaring at Elijah who was rubbing his head in confusion.

"What are you talking about and what happened?" He asked her, leaning his arm against the back of her couch as Rebekah exhaled deeply, lowering her head before she looked back up at him and spoke.

"We're broke, Elijah. That little bitch of an exe sister in law got some idiot to hack into my bank accounts and she drained us. The money's gone! All of it is gone!" Rebekeh screamed at the top of her lungs, abruptly pausing and staring at the clean dishes that were sitting on the counter.

Elijah watched with heavy eyelids as Rebekeh took the plates into her hands and twirled one of them in between her fingers.

"What are you doing?" He asked her, watching a small smile curl on to her lips.

"Target practice, brother. I am picturing Katherine's big stupid head. Ugh!" She yelled, taking the plate and smashing it against the laundry room door, watching it crash and break once it hit the ground.

"Listen, we'll figure it out." Elijah said, trying to reassure his sister.

"Put the damn dishes down before you hurt something." He told her, slowly walking into the kitchen and cautiously placing his hand over hers, putting another dish that she had picked up in which she was ready to throw once again, down on to the counter. There were tears in her eyes as she glanced up at him, sniffling.

"It's all gone, Elijah. I'm broke. It's over." She sobbed against his shirt, clutching on to him as he held her in his arms, pulling her closer and sighing. "We're going to figure it out, I promise. Rebekah, we're going to get the money back if it's the last thing we do." He affirmed, standing in the middle of his sister's kitchen as she cried.

"So, they went home earlier." Jenna said, hugging Elena tightly as she leaned into her niece and watched Elena lean her head on to her shoulder.

"Bonnie got a job offer. She starts work in a few days..." Elena's voice trailed off as her and Jenna walked through the airport.

"So, do you want to talk about the fact that you'll be leaving me in two days as well?" Jenna asked, turning back to wave one last time at Jeremy and Bonnie.

"No, I don't want to talk about leaving. I just want to enjoy my last two days here with you and Alaric." Elena told her sweetly, wrapping her arm around Jenna's back.