I sit up on my bed and yell back, “What?”

“Someone’s here to see you!” He calls back and I frown. I’m not expecting anyone.

I get up and start walking downstairs while patting my hair to make sure it doesn’t look horrible.

My eyebrows shoot up when I see Andy talking to my parents downstairs.

“Hey,” he says when he sees me.

“Hey,” I reply, confused. “What are you doing here?”

“I have a surprise for you,” he replies.

“Surprise?” I echo, frowning.

He smiles mischievously and says, “Turn around.”

Still confused, I turn around so my back is facing him. Suddenly, something covers my  eyes.

“Hey!” I exclaim as he blindfolds me.

I lift my hands to take it off but he slaps them away.

“Don’t touch that,” he says. “Let’s go,” he adds, putting his hands on my shoulders and pushing me forward.

“Go? Where?”

“It’s a surprise, remember?” He says and I can imagine him smirking.

“I don’t even have my shoes on!” I complain.

He is silent for a few seconds before he says, “Oh.”

“I’ll get her shoes,” I hear my mom’s voice then footsteps going up the stairs. Andy leads me to the couch and I sit down.

“Um can’t I take the blindfold off to put on my shoes then you can put it back on again?” I ask.

“Uh yeah,” he replies as if he hadn’t noticed that before.

He takes it off and I see a blush coloring his cheeks. I smile slightly and that’s when mom comes in with my black converse.

“Are my clothes okay?” I ask as I tie my shoelace. I’m wearing faded blue jeans and a black hoodie with the outline of a silver heart on it.

“Yeah,” he says and I shrug.

He blindfolds me again, leads me to his car, and starts driving to wherever he’s taking me.

He helps me get out of the car and puts his hands on my shoulders as he pushes me in the right direction.

“Where are we?” I ask when I start hearing some voices coming from everywhere.

“You’ll see,” he replies as the voice of people gets louder.

“Andy there are a lot of people! This is so embarrassing. At least take off the blindfold!” I hiss when we stop walking.

He laughs. “The looks people are giving you are amusing.”

“This is not funny! I’m taking it off,” I say and lift my hands to remove it but he holds my wrists, stopping me.

Before I can yell at him, I hear a familiar voice.

“Stephany?” The voice says and I try hard to think who it is.

“Uh hi,” I say awkwardly as I try to remove my wrists from Andy’s firm grip.

I hear him snicker and raise my leg and move it to the right to kick him. When I do, he bursts out laughing.

“Andy! Let go!” I say when his grip doesn’t loosen.

I hear several people laughing and I immediate know who was talking to me. It’s Amelia. And that’s when I find out where we are. We’re at that carnival they were talking about. And if Amelia’s here then Jeremy is with her right now. Oh God...