Chapter 14 She Monster

"Can we go to this party?", Mehek asked him enthusiastically. It was a charity ball conducted by one of his contemporary companies. She wanted to be part of Shaurya's life and his social circle. Since it was charity event, she wasn't feeling nervous to take a chance. Shaurya studied the invitation and mused. May be it's time to end the game. Tonight is the night, he decided. "We can go but only if you wear the dress I get for you", he kept his condition. Mehek quickly agreed. She knew he will be better judge of attires in such parties.

Mehek looked at her image and was far from being comfortable. Shaurya had got her an aqua blue colour long dress ; off-shoulder and backless. Mehek wondered how it holds onto her body. The stylist helped her to wear it with minimal makeup and put up her hair in a classic bun. The material was soft and hugged her body gracefully but to avoid panty lines she has to forego underwear. Stylist assured her that designer gown will not suffer any wardrobe malfunction. 

Mehek wished atleast her hair was set free to cover her exposed skin. But she had to admit that she looked stunning and won't be judged as misfit. She smiled timidly and walked out to meet Shaurya. As usual he was dressed to perfection, in his tuxedo. He gaped when Mehek arrived and kissed her hands with admiration, "You look so gorgeous". His words gave her confidence yet she remained uneasy. She wanted to make a statement that she is Mrs Khanna, his wife. Shaurya is no longer alone bcoz she will remain by his side as his better half.

Mehek felt happy that she chose the charity ball as her debut to his circle. She was introduced as Mrs Khanna and quickly mingled into the crowd. She took an extra effort to remain calm and be poised. Maybe Shaurya's aura or her makeover did the effect, people seemed to accept her without fuss. Now and then, he expressed his support by side hugging her or by intertwining their fingers. Mehek felt happy. Her efforts were paying off and he couldn't help but be proud of her. He made her take part in all events and let her make contributions on their behalf. Mehek soon felt comfortable and enjoyed the party. Whenever she felt nervous, she chugged a glass of wine and it did wonders to her.

"May I have the pleasure to dance with you, Shaurie?", a familiar female voice startled Shaurya. Years passed away but still she managed to scare him. Although he has become stronger and trained himself to fight it, yet the young Shaurie in him still feared her. She is Svetlana, his step-mother. With a stoic expression, he turned to face her. She looked old and tired yet beautiful. The evil never ages but lurks in dark for a chance to pounce upon you. "Won't you give me a hug, Darling", she threw herself on him. He was taken aback but chose not to create a scene. He moved back when she tried to peck his cheek. She smiled alluringly and told him, "We need to catch up a lot. Why don't we dance?". "He won't", they both were startled when Mehek marched in angrily.

She pushed Svetlana slightly away and stood before Shaurya. She posed like a mother bear protecting her cub. "He refuses to dance", she came beside him, "Respectfully ", she squeezed his arms. Svetlana was puzzled by the drunken petite woman who was suddenly appeared and clinging on to Shaurya protectively. "I am sorry for the confusion", Shaurya mocked Svetlana, "Meet my wife, Mehek". Svetlana's expressed her surprise while checking out Mehek from top to bottom. "And she is...", Shaurya was about introduce her to Mehek but she intervened, "I know...Svetlana". Mehek sneered at her while Svetlana shrugged her shoulders in attitude. "Why are you still here? Don't you understand when a man says No", Mehek shooed her away and dragged Shaurya to dance floor.

"You are drunk", Shaurya smiled at her when she snaked her arms around his neck and danced intimately. "A bit tipsy. But i did good", she giggled and fell on his chest, "it's a lovely evening. We should do it often". "I agree", he liked being with her but made a mental note to bring Mehek in bit more modest clothing. He wanted to make her conscious and diffident but it backfired. It was tiring to ward off unwanted attention of men from his wife. His wife, he liked the sound of it. Mehek's steps faltered and he understood that she was not in her senses. "Let's go home", he suggested and helped Mehek to nearby table. Mehek excused to got to ladies room while he walked away to get his car from Valet. As soon as Shaurya was out of sight, Mehek marched towards her target.

"Stay away from him", Mehek shouted at Svetlana. Her words stuttered but the message was loud and clear. She managed to confront Svetlana at a lone corridor. Svetlana smirked, "Don't get too carried away, my dear. You are special to him but not for long. I bet he will be bored of you in few days. You are too vanilla for him. His needs are extremely rare". "We will manage fine. Thanks for bothering but he is my responsibility now. I am here to warn you to never come near him. Else I won't spare another thought before sending you back to asylum", Mehek threatened. Playfulness of Svetlana disappeared she started to show her true face. "You are indeed something, aren't you? Now I know the reason why he is with you. You even managed to get my attention", with those words Svetlana pinned Mehek to nearby wall holding her neck

For an elder woman, Svetlana was indeed stronger. Mehek seemed to have underestimated herself. "You smell so nice", Svetlana whispered while licking her pulsing vein over her throat. Mehek was disgusted and tried to wriggled out but her grip was firm threatening to cut Mehek's air supply. She was unable to protest when Svetlana groped her breast. "Hmmm, you are a handful", she told distastefully and her hands went further down, "No panties. Mrs Khanna, are you here to seduce me?". Mehek shivered in horror when she felt Svetlana touch her inappropriately. "Let me take you to nearby room and give you free lessons on how to please your husband", Svetlana revealed her sick intention. She covered Mehek's mouth and dragged her away. Not even in her worst nightmares, Mehek had foreseen to be assaulted by a mad woman like Svetlana.

"Leave her alone, you filthy Bi*ch", Shaurya's voice boomed across the corridor's walls. Svetlana was torn away from Mehek and thrown on floor. "Shaurie, we were just having fun. Just like old times", she whined. He wanted to punch her face but felt Mehek crumbling to ground. So he dashed to her side. Mehek appeared to be a mess with smeared makeup and scrambled hair loosened from its bun. Her dress had torn a bit and threatened to expose her body. Shaurya quickly took out his coat and covered it over her. "Clean the mess", he ordered Awara while he scooped Mehek into his arms and walked away