Chapter 2 Friends or Foes

Nandini stood before the idol with folded hands. She prayed for Mehek and wished for her happiness. Not even a single day in Nandini's life went without praying for Mehek. It was the least she could do for her best friend. A friend who stood by her side when she went through the lowest point of her life. A strong woman who supported her to come out of an abusive marriage. An honest human who let her live in her house until she became independent. But regretfully, Nandini paid back to all favours of Mehek with betrayal. She regretted when she fell for Mehek's husband, Kunal. She had tried a lot not to come between her friend and her love but failed miserably. Eventually she broke her best friend's trust and her home.

Kunal was stuck in a boring meeting held by hospital authorities. They were giving him and his peers instructions to improve the income of hospital. He hated working beneath such money minded people and wanted his own practice. But he knew it was distant dream, atleast for couple of years. After his divorce, he and Nandini decided to move farther away from Mehek. They didn't want to disturb Mehek anymore by staying close. But it took a toll in his career. Kunal was still struggling to maintain a decent practice in the new place where they had shifted. During the meeting, his phone rang many times but he ignored as it was from Nandini. She always called to disturb him with silly queries like whether he had lunch or will he come early or what he prefered for dinner etc. Long back such queries appeared to be sweet and romantic but now it irritated him. 

There was no doubt that he loves Nandini. But he wished she was a bit more independent and assertive. More like Mehek. God, this is crazy, he cursed himself. He missed Mehek. When Mehek was in his life, he never had to look into any petty things as she took the driving seat. She was never overly dependent on him. Infact she supported him and helped him to start his own practice. She worked harder for them so that he can peacefully achieve his dreams. Mehek got very busy managing their home and her career while Kunal had freedom he wished for. Then one day Mehek brought Nandini to their home. Nandini, a broken bird who lost her wings. She was stark contrast to Mehek. In the beginning, she was just Mehek's friend but later it changed for Kunal . Slowly they started to bond and Mehek's absence fueled their attraction. His love for Mehek faded and Nandini became love of his life. His regret could never fix his mistake.

When he arrived home, he heard Nandini's humming from the kitchen. A smile played on his mind while he hugged her from behind. Nandini was startled for a moment but relaxed in his hold. They talked for few minutes until he went to freshen up. "Nandini", Kunal roared while she rushed to his side. "What is this?", he held a pregnancy test kit in his hand. "Kunal, my periods were late so I wanted to take test", she explained without tension. "How could you be pregnant? Aren't you taking the pills regularly? ", he asked angrily. "Kunal, it got over few weeks back. I even told you to buy but you didn't", she told him the truth. He fumed with anger, "Are you kidding me? It's been weeks and you haven't bought it yet. Why can't you buy it yourself? Don't you get the seriousness, Nandini". 

Nandini stood back being meek and tears started to well in her eyes. She felt timid to go and buy contraceptive pills from medical shop. Her tears angered Kunal further. Her naivety and shyness for which he fell for her, was now annoying him. He wished she would be more mature and brave. "No need to be angry. Test is negative", she told fighting her tears. He felt bad to yell at her. "Nandini,please try to understand. We cannot afford to have a child now. I need to start my own practice and work harder. Try to be practical. Mehek would have understood it perfectly", he stopped as soon as those words fell from his mouth. Nandini was visibly hurt and started to weep. Kunal was in no mood to pacify and decided to leave but Nandini's question halted him, "I am a flawed woman, Kunal. Not a good friend or a wife or a woman. But Mehek is perfect. Then why did you leave her and choose me?". He sighed and spoke honestly, "Becoz I am not worthy of Mehek".

Miles away, at Khanna mansion. Shaurya was shamelessly checking out Mehek. Her wet cloths had clung to her curvy figure. She is perfect blend of beauty and poise. He gave her a pair of his shorts and light coloured T-shirt to change. He apologized that he was unable to find any other suitable clothes for her to change. Awara smirked inwardly knowing that if his boss had wanted, he would have arranged an entire wardrobe for her in minutes. Shaurya wanted to revel in pleasure watching her in his cloths. He had always seen her either in her chef's uniform or in fully covered salwar kameez. He expected to get a tantalizing vision of her perky tits and sexy legs but was disappointed when she joined him for dinner. Above the cloths she wore, Mehek had wisely covered herself with the bathrobe she found in the bathroom. She appeared proper even in distress. She cleverly outsmarted his move. Yet it made him lust her more. He had tough time to keep himself in check. She smiled plainly at him while eating and he tried to remain civil. She is a hard to get target and honestly he didn't mind. For the him, the game becomes more enticing when it is difficult to prey on his kill. He would have gone easy on her, if she was quickly swayed. By playing hard to get, unknowingly Mehek was pushing herself deep into danger. 

Next Chapter : Chapter 3 Slap