11

"I can't believe you actually lost the girl," Jooheon sighed, putting his head in his hands.

"She wasn't at school today, either," Changkyun said, not making eye contact with the man.

"She's probably fucking one of those boys," another voice said from a dark corner.

"Shut the fuck up, Wonho. She's not like that," Changkyun spat at his elder.

"Was anyone from Stray Kids not there either?" Wonho asked, smirking when Changkyun looked down again.

"Hyunjin," he said quietly. "But, her mom just got killed. She probably took off a day to mourn."

"People have different ways of mourning, Changkyun," Jooheon stated, also giving him a smirk.

"You know where they live, why don't you go get her?" Changkyun rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, ignoring what the two were suggesting.

"She trusts you, not me. So, here's the plan."

------

"Hyerin, Hyunjin, we're home!" Chan yelled through the house. No response.

"Hello?" Minho yelled. No response. He looked to Chan and shrugged.

"Seungmin go check their room," Chan instructed. Seungmin did as he said and went down the hall.

"They're not here!" Seungmin yelled back. Chan sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"I'll text Hyunjin," Jisung said, pulling out his phone.

-------

Hyunjin ignored the phone that buzzes in his back pocket as he fed Hyerin another bite of ice cream. She let out a little giggle when a but of it got on her nose, which caused Hyunjin to smile.

"Thank you, Hyunjin," she said with a smile. Hyunjin tilted his head at her, taking a but of the ice cream himself. "For taking me to the police station, and for the amazing date."

"Ah, it's no problem. I want to be your boyfriend, so how could I not take you on an amazing date?" Hyunjin shrugged. Hyerin blushed and hid her face a bit. Hyunjin laughed lightly at this and brushed her hair behind her ear, slowly leaning closer to her over the table. They both inched closer to each other.

Ring

Ring

Ring

Hyunjin groaned in annoyance, taking his phone out of his back pocket. His eyes widened as he saw who it was. He answered and put the phone up to his ear quickly as Hyerin looked at him with a confused look.

"Y-Yes, Chan hyung?" Hyunjin said hesitantly into the phone. Hyerin's eyes widened as she realized what time it was.

"Where the hell are you two? You were supposed to be at home all day," Chan said angrily.

"Well, I took Hyerin to the police station so she could tell them that the handwriting didn't match. Then, she got sad, so I took her out," Hyunjin answered his question.

"You killed Hyerin?!" Jisung yelled, sounding distressed.

"No, you idiot, I took her out for ice cream," Hyunjin scoffed into the phone, Hyerin giggling at his sudden mood change.

"Aww, Hyunjin and Hyerin are on a date," Woojin cooed. Hyunjin's face grew red.

"S-Stop," Hyunjin said, clearly embarrassed.

"Wah, he didn't deny it," Jeongin laughed out.

"Okay, we'll be home whenever, bye," Hyunjin quickly hung up on the embarrassing group of boys. Hyunjin was the one who was embarrassed now, his face bright red. Hyerin giggled and walked over to him, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"We should get going, we can eat the ice cream on the way home," Hyerin said, gathering their belongings. Hyunjin was silent as he stood up, grabbing the ice cream. "What's wrong?"

"N-nothing," Hyunjin cursed at himself for stuttering.

"Is the lady killer Hyunjin embarassed?" Hyerin smirked to herself.

"I don't think you should be the one smirking with the things that are going through my head right now," Hyunjin's embarrassed figure dissapeared and he was the one with a smirk on his face now.

"Hyunjin!" She yelled at him, hitting his arm. Hyunjin was laughing like crazy.

"I'm sorry," he said between laughs, she continued to hit him.

"Fine, I'll throw the ice cream away," Hyerin said, taking the ice cream out of his hands.

"No!" He ran after her, she was running the ice cream to the trash can. He quickly caught up to her, stopping her with a back hug, causing both of them to lean forward a bit. He grabbed the ice cream from her hands, both of them a giggling mess.

Their laughter slowly faded away as they both stared at each other. They hadn't realised how close they were. The noisy streets suddenly seemed silent, and there appeared to be no one except for the two. They were getting closer and closer. Before anything could interrupt them again, Hyunjin smashed his lips against Hyerin's. They both melted into the kiss.

"Look at Hyunjin getting some!" Minho's voice suddenly broke the two apart.

"Where the fuck did you come from?" Hyunjin asked, gripping onto Hyerin's hand.

"Chill out, Chan said that we should just pick you guys up. Now, get in, we're meeting everyone else at McDonalds," Minho told the two. In the car that he drove, there was Hyerin, Hyunjin, Minho, Jeongin, and Jisung.

"That was like a scene out of a movie, guys," Jisung said from the front seat.

"Wh-How long were you watching us?" Hyunjin asked him.

"Since she took the I cream from you," Jeongin answered. "It was like watching a drama."

Hyerin wasn't paying any attention to the conversation. She was looking out the window at a face that seemed familiar. Her mouth dropped as she realized who it was, her hands grew shaky.

"Hyunjin," she said quietly and tapped his shoulder, grabbing his attention.

"What's wrong?" He asked her. She pointed at the face that she saw. "Jooheon."

The name caught everyone's attention. He wasn't staring at the car or anything, but it was kind of ironic that he was right there at that McDonalds at that time.

"Hyerin, don't let go of my hand the whole time we're in there,  understood?" Hyunjin said with a serious face. Hyerin nodded, not wanting to be taken away from the boys.