Bad Dreams || Moxiety

◈ Genre:Fluff/Comfort ◈
⍍ Trigger Warnings:Mentions of Nightmares ; trauma ⍍
◍ Words:1143 ◍

•——————•°•✿•°•——————•

Virgil lay in his own bed, not so peacefully, he tossed and turned and thrashed all about in what seemed to be a record setting amount of anguish, his sleeping face twisted up into a silent scream ; nose scrunched up so tightly the skin threatened to bruise, jaw hung open in yowls of soundless terror only to clench shut so tightly in seconds so hard his teeth would grit down to chipping, beads of sweat dripping from his freezing body and tears threatening to drop from the tightly screwed shut eyes of his.

As the horrific flood of hellish nightmares scraped at the walls of his being, seeming to rip him apart from the inside out he tried patheticly to bring himself from the awful vision.

What seemed like years passed in the mater of minutes and the dark male sat up now quickly, eyes shooting open and the hot salted liquids that had been threatening to burst from the seems of his eyelids while he was unconscious flooded his color drained cheeks.

The anxious male's hands grasping the jet black comforter on his bed so tightly his aching knuckles paled more so then usual and he let out a quite sob trying oh so desperately to pull out the memories from the horrendous vision.

Coming to his senses he shakily blinked away the water that had clouded his tired eyes and slowly pulled his trembling hands from the sheet that had wrapped around him like a protective shield, bringing the appendages up to his ghostly pale face he brushed away the tears from his now puffy cheeks and eyes. A small barley audible sigh made past his quivering lips and an idea struck him like an on going train ; Patton, Patton knew how to console someone and the poor dark trait was desperate for some time of comfort at this point to bring him out of this wretched state of mind.

Slowly Virgil moved his tired legs off of the thick and warm comfort of his bed to dangle above the frigid hardwood of his own abodes floor, taking In a sharp breath he threw back the dark blanket that had once been used for comfort and pressed his palms into the softeness of the mattress.

Pushing up he planted his bare feet against the terribly cold floor and let out a sharp gasp In suprise to the sheer shock the sensation has caused his weary body, shivers rupturing up his spine,
moving his hands to grasp tightly at his own forearms in a crossed arm locked gesture he slowly crept to his rooms entrance. Begrudgingly pulling a hand away from his own body to wrap around the bronze knob and turn it open,
the door let out a creaky hiss as it was pried open and with that the anxious embodiment took to the halls of the mindescaped home.

After a few minutes of walking in silence and wincing at every little noise his presence caused ; be it the floor creaking of bumping into an unknown object, or even just the heaviness of his breath that seemed to echo through the late nights halls, as if a lions mighty roar in the depth of the underbrush.

*            *            *

Virgil had made it to the door of none other than Morality himself. Gathering up the courage the younger sides hand moved up to the door and gave a soft knock into the wooden door, followed by his inquiry. "..Pat, you still up.....?" Silence followed. After a few moments Virgil gave another small knock but was briskly cut off mid thrum.

Morality stirred from his bed where he had been busying himself with trying to fall asleep though the sweet release of unconsciousness did not seem to want to grace him tonight, upon hearing his housemates muffled question he sat up and pushed on his cat themed slippers, moving to the door and as he heard Virgil begin to beat against his door oh so light once again he pulled it open with a smile ; tired ocean toned eyes and a small welcomingly warm grin sat on his face, along with enough freckles to be considered their own galaxy, thin framed oval glasses and messy untamed locks of golden hair that teased against his face.

Taking in Anxiety's disheveled appearance a worried glaze coated the Fatherly figures vision and he was quick to break the silence. "Virge, what's wrong kiddo?" after a moment of awkward staring, Virgil finally spoke up,
lowering his voice to nothing more than a whisper along with averting his gaze from his companions, voice threatening to crack as he spoke in the trembly tone.

"...I had a bad dream..." Upon hearing the anxious males problem Patton swiftly brought a hand up to gently cup against the side of the youngers face, speaking in a reassuring tone that simply dripped affection like honey from a freshly flooded hive.

"Come in, tell me all about it."
The older coed in a quiter tone to match the poor shaken up Virgils insecure murmer. Peering up with the big brown dowey eyes of his Virge returned Patton's loving, gawking, goofy, gaggle of a grin with a small ever so present crack of a smile on his own face.

"That... That sounds wonderful, Thank you." Patton removed his palm from the others cheek upon hearing his response and gestured for him to come inside, moving a tad to leave way for Anxiety to enter.

Walking in Virgil moved to the bed sitting down on the very edge of it feeling out of place in the welcoming space though he was very taken aback when he had been quickly pulled into the mattress by Patton ; whom had swiftly moved back onto his own loft, wrapped his arms around the others torso and hauled him over against the bed beside him.

A laugh escaping the moral sides lips as he examined the shocked and well simply surprised expression.

Virgil pushed into the caring embrace letting a noise of contentment ring out and his tired eyes close shut, absolutely adoring the simple act of kindness he was shone and gorging on the warmth of having a cuddle partner.

Hours passed and the pair sat and talked away the night into ungodly hours of the morning, laughing, crying, and so much more, closer than ever before and encaptivated in eachothers simple company it made for an unforgettable memory,
Virgil now had his mind made up about one thing for sure ; if he ever had a problem, he would come here, in fact if Patton ever had an issue he would make it a point to show the same kindness to his fellow side. To care and be cared for.

The idea of that sounded sweet to the both of them. Maybe bad dreand were not as bad as they seemed.

•——————•°•✿•°•——————•