"Say It Again" || Remile

◈ Genre:Hurt/Comfort(mostly Fluff tho)◈
◍ Words:612 ◍
⍍ Trigger Warnings:Mentions of Insomnia;Nightmares ⍍

•——————•°•✿•°•——————•

There was a sudden ruffling in the sheets. Emile could hear big gulps of air being taken in by the person next to him. He flipped over, blinking some of the sleep out of his eyes. He squinted, not being able to see that well due to the dark and the absence of his glasses.

Remy was sitting up, fear tracing his face. His grey eyes met Emile's. They had a faint, smoke-y haze to them. The eye bags right underneath didn't help either. But what mattered was that he seemed almost relieved that Emile was still there, some of the stress washing off of his expression. The coffee-loving man expressed most of his emotions through his eyebrows, Emile had noticed. It wasn't too hard to make him smile, but because he had sunglasses on most of the time and had built a sassy attitude, people had a hard time deciphering how he was feeling. Emile on the other hand could read him like a book from a twitch of an eyebrow.

"Another nightmare, Coffee Bean?" The therapist asked in a soft whisper, not wanting to make his partner anymore frightened than he already was.

Remy broke eye contact and laid back down, his head hitting the pillow causing a soft sound. "Yeah." He croaked, pulling the covers over him again. He turned his body so he was facing Emile again. Without warning, sadness filled his eyes, like storm clouds threatening to rain.

The therapist automatically wrapped his arms around him, pulling him close. Since Remy could remember, he had problems with insomnia. Due to just not being able to sleep, or, more recently, recurring nightmares. He felt better for awhile though, all thanks to Emile.

The therapist had tried more normal things first, like medications or letting him rant about the nightmares. But when Remy was still having issues, he hesitantly suggested that they try cuddling. He even showed studies that cuddling helped people sleep better, and helped their mental state in general. It had taken some time, but Remy became more and more comfortable with the idea. Surprise, surprise, it's results did wonders.

Guess sleep just felt like being a meanie tonight.

Emile ruffled Remy's coffee-brown hair, their legs getting tangled. "Do you wanna talk about it?" It was a sentence he had gotten used to saying.

His lover took a shuddering breath, burying his face into Emile's chest. He found it to be a pleasant cushion, especially when he was wearing a sweater. "N...Not really, but," he took another gulp of air, keeping his tears inside. Emile could tell it had been a bad one. "I need you to say it again. Please." His voice almost sounded strained

The therapist felt a small, sleepy, smile tug at the corners of his lips as he opened them to speak.

"I love you"

Three words, overly spoken by people all over the world. Somehow, they had never worn out, at least not for this couple. Maybe because it could have so many different meanings.

Remy immediately felt better, the storm passing and the nightmare already fading into the back of his mind. He let himself get lost in Emile's soft, soothing heartbeat. The therapist could feel his body relax under him. "Again?" He replicated, more contented and calm.

"I love you." The therapist repeated, his voice slightly louder but still held its usual soft, comforting tone.

Remy popped his head up so their noses were almost touching. "Again!" He requested, like a child wanting to be told a bed-time story once more.

Emile chuckled and squeezed him tight, his lips close to his partner's ear.
"Remy Picani, I love you."

•——————•°•✿•°•——————•