"I'm sorry." I apologized, even though I had no reason to.

"Its okay. They've signed some papers for a divorce. Its official." He shrugged.

"What about The Old One?" I asked quietly.

"Dad passed the ownership on to Pat. He wanted to get rid of all evidence of having a relationship with Mom and I. He's starting all over... in Australia."

"Australia?" I said, a bit too loudly.

Luke just nodded and diverted his gaze back to the tiny players.

I gave Luke a small side-hug, resting my head on his shoulder, then he leaned his head against mine.

There was a moment of silence.

"Do you wanna play?" Luke broke it.

"My dad cheated on my mom." I blurted out.

Its been so long since I spoke of this. And if Luke trusted me enough to tell me his story, why couldn't I tell him mine?

"Maia." He sighed.

"It was about three years ago." I spoke so quietly.

"We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." Luke sighed again.

"I want to." I assured him.

"Okay." He whispered, signalling me to continue.

"He cheated on her with Janet, for months." I said shakily. The memories coming back like a title wave. "My mom thought he loved her as much as she did. But she was wrong."

"Cheating is stupid." Luke stated.

"Especially when it leads to suicide." I blurted out.

"Maia." Luke cooed, pulling me out of our awkward side-hug and into a real hug.

"That's why the piano wasn't tuned for years. She wasn't here to do it." I wept into his shoulder.

Luke stroked my hair softly.

"The last place she's been to was her library." I sobbed harder. "They covered her bloodstain with a rug."

"Maia, we don't have to talk about it anymore." Luke pulled away slightly to look at me.

"But I want to tell you." I shook my head.

"Nothing is worth upsetting you." Luke shook his head and gave me a small reassuring smile.

My mouth quivered before I blurted something else out, "She shot herself."

Luke pulled me into a tight hug. His arms were wrapped around my waist and mine around his. We closed all access between us, a gap no longer existed between us. Luke cooed into my ear and kissed the side of my head.

He didn't say it was okay, because he knew it wasn't.

He pulled away and dragged me across the room, where he picked up pieces of tissues off a coffee table. He pressed to my nose, he didn't tell me to blow, because I was already doing it.

Luke smirked and crumpled the used tissue, tossing it into the nearby trashcan, where it bounced off the the rim and outside the trashcan.

"It-"

"Failed." He finished for me. "I know." He looked over to me and gave me a small smile.

I hopelessly fell into his arms, feeling so weak right now.

But in a way, it felt good to tell someone about it. Especially if that someone was Luke.

"I love you." He cooed and kissed the top of my head. "And I'm pretty sure your mother did too."