Love sparks

They stayed still. It was already night time. The cool breeze coming from the forest brought a refreshing wave with itself. The weather was nice and calm, though severe darkness engulfed the area. No one else was around, the tranquility was something both of them appreciated at the moment. The grass beneath caressed the feet in a gentle manner, the trees moved and fussed mysteriously, and their shadows reflected in the bright moonlight. Somewhere distant, an owl's call could be heard, making it a bit scary, if it wasn't the spark of love to heat and comfort the soul. Of all else, least they wanted an interruption. All of a sudden, in the middle of the nirvana, something struck Donny right at the head. He felt it, as if electricity had hit him. He shuddered lightly and, cautiously, scared to make any swift movements, looked around. Despite his fears, the beaver encountered nothing out of the ordinary. They were still near the exit alley of the park and it was deep night. It looked like Roger and his fellow supporters had lost their trails or had given up on chasing them. Donny was thankful that he and Violet had managed to escape from this furious mammal. Whoever Roger was, he was not a harmless jaguar. If only...

Now, Donny turned at Violet. What he saw made his eyes widen up, his smile froze on his face.

"Oh, sorry to disturb you..." Donny scratched himself and turned around.

"Donny!" Violet giggled – "You have never seen a female putting on lipstick?" her voice sounded provocative. Donny shuddered again.

"Nope! To be fair, I haven't!" Donny stuttered, still feeling uneasy of what was happening. He suddenly realized... "Have we been kissing each other all the time till now? Oh, God!" Donny felt how it became warmer around him. In fact, he was already sweating, but was unable to figure out the heat was coming from him.

"It's OK!" He heard a murmur in his right ear. Then, he felt Violet's paw glancing at his. Slowly, but steadily, she pulled him to herself and kissed him again. Donny felt as if he was melting down. He was literally burning. Such a behavior was completely new to him. But it seemed he was not so... surprised and excited of it, compared to his own expectations. Wasn't he supposed to jump and dance out of happiness? But no. Donny was self – balanced, even when such strong emotions struck him. At the end of the romance, he caressed Violet's cheek gently and smiled at her, flames playing in his eyes. In return, she pinched him and giggled again.

Donny sighed against the wind, as he put his wind – breaker in order. "How long have we been..." he looked at his watch and gasped. "We have been staying here for.... For an hour!?" Now, he gave the forest background one swift gaze and checked his pockets. "I'm glad nobody has managed to rob us... Violet?"

"Yuh, bud?" he heard a strange sound, which left him puzzled. Donny turned around again, only to become even more confused. Violet's face.. her eyes were semi – closed, her smile was huge and devilish, she stared right at him and with the red lipstick and sharp canines looked just like a little vampire. No, not a little, since Violet was on her way of becoming an adult, but still... To Donny, she behaved in a childish manner.

"Okay... so... I think we've stayed here quite a long? Shall we go home?" Donny suggested, feeling more stable after the first – hand shock.

"Yeh, guess it would be the best option..." Violet muttered – "I'm feeling heck – of a tired already!"

"Yeah, after so many stuff having happened in zero timing..." Donny nodded.

"Donny...." Violet sighed, which made him turn at her surprised. He sharpened ears.

"I know that you'll never neither forget, nor forgive me for what I have done..."

"I don't understand, what are you talking about?"