Destiny's whims

Dear readers, every one of us has to make his choices! Sometimes it's hard, other time - not so hard. Remember to make your moves wisely and in a manner that won't hurt others! 

And, of course, if you enjoyed this part, let me know by hitting the star yellow! Thank you very much! ^^

Yours sincerely: The author

The Wilde family went out of the hospital and headed for the nearby park. Sun was shining brightly, birds pierced the air and their songs softened the soul. Nature had dressed up in a colorful dress and stepped gracefully. Nick looked restful, much strangely, since the circumstances were harsh. They had just barely avoided another terrible tragedy.

Yes... Nick had not forgotten. But it was neither in his own, nor in the family's favor to continue churning in the wounds. They just had to be cautious and not disregard the problems. Of course, they should not forget of the danger that lurked around, but it was contraindicated to think of it the whole time. Constant stressing could have some very unwanted consequences. Why was Nick so calm externally was of no importance. It could be his personal character. Nick had fallen into quite more dangerous traps in the past, so such events did not bother him so much. Before Judy found him and took him out of his criminal life, he had used to hide and adapt to a kinda „nomadic" way of life. A life of constant motion, problems, insecurity.

„Nick..." Judy dragged him out of his thoughts. Nick startled and shuddered. Then, he felt Judy's arm gently caressing his shoulder.

„Did I scare you? Sorry..." Judy spoke.

„No, Carrots, no..." Nick shook his head. „It's just... I was a bit buried in my thoughts."

„Nick..." Judy continued. „What happened in the hospital?"

Surprised, Nick looked at her: „What are you talking about?"

„About the phone call and the crash... there was some logic between the two, wasn't it?" Judy asked. Now, Nick turned at her. „I don't know what to answer..." he hesitated.

„Oh, we're playing „sly fox" Don't think you'll get away with it!" Judy peered at Nick challengingly. Nick stared at her, his lower jaw dropped. The next moment, he laughed.

„Ahahahaha! You must be kidding!" he shrieked in laughter. But Judy was serious.

„I may still have part of my memories lost, but I haven't lost my ability to think!" Judy spoke again, now with the firmest tone possible. „Now tell me... was there a connection between the phone call and the havoc at the hospital?"

„Judy... Let's try not to overstrain ourselves now... We need rest. We need peace after this whole terror."

„Nick, please, do not change the subject..."

„Judy..." Nick tried again.

„No! You MUST tell me, Nick! You're obliged! And no, I do not ask for myself! You know best who I am concerned of most!" Judy frowned.

„Judy, I'm afraid it's strictly confidential." Nick spoke at last.

„Even when it concerns YOUR family!?" Judy stood against him with eyes wide – opened. „Nick, did you forget we both work one and the same thing? Have you forgotten I'm a cop as well? Nick, you surprise me!"

„Ok, ok.... Judy, I had to do this... it was a covert ops... I received intelligence that the one we brought down was actually one of THEM..."

THEM...