Never miss the opportunity!

Donny and Violet were incredibly excited that they have been invited to this exclusive meeting. Not everyone had the chance to receive such an invitation. After the couriers brought the messages, both Donny and Violet started preparations. Especially Violet. Who was now eager to look as better as possible. She put a lot of efforts, so much, that Judy had started wondering where would her daughter go. Violet was all up.

Last day, she had gone to the bath and fell asleep there, making it impossible for others to use it and driving both Nick and Judy mad. When she finally delighted to go out, she locked herself in her bedroom. Nick waited patiently for his daughter to come out, but more hours passed and over half of the day had already flown away. When Nick was almost to the edge of losing himself, Violet finally went out of her bedroom. Nick was ready with the questions, but somehow, was not given the chance to speak a word.

"Daaddy? How do I look?" Violet spoke anxiously, as she whirled in front of the big mirror in the corridor. She then stared at him with her usual teen's sight and awaited the answer. Nick shuddered involuntarily.

"Vi, you look great..." Nick started and, once again, was prepared with the questions. But it appeared the last was enough for Violet.

"Thank you so much, Daddy!" she squeaked and hugged him. In return, Nick gave her a strong hug. For a moment, he forgot of the questionnaire and it was then when he had the chance to find out what was going on. Before he could manage to remind himself, Violet was already out of the perimeter of his sight. In her room, again. And locked – again! Nick sighed heavily and entered the kitchen, where Judy was.

He went in with a lowered head, which surprised his wife.

"Nick? What is it?" Judy asked, as she grew concerned. Something was amiss here... Nick had never behaved like this at home before. She waited for some time, but Nick remained silent, only shaking his head lightly. Now, Judy grew really worried.

"Nicky, what is it?" she repeated her question. Nick turned at her and stared for a minute, then lowered head again.

"Dad?" Cooper spoke from Judy's lap, where he was sitting. "What's wrong?"

Suddenly, Nick raised head and stared at the raccoon. Such a sharp move made Cooper stare at him surprised. A mixture of feelings struck Nick. Violet was growing up pretty fast, but such behavior on her behalf Nick had never expected or even anticipated. His daughter behaved as if he... was not her father anymore. In a short silence, Nick gulped.

"Oh, everything's fine, Coopy! Just... I was somewhere in the clouds..."Nick forced himself to crack a smile.

Meanwhile,, Violet tested her dresses and other clothes in the bedroom. Nick could guess it, as he heard the noise of falling hangers and Vi's roar as she muttered something. Nick sighed again and sat on a chair, burying for some time in his thoughts.

Indeed, what was happening to Violet? She had become extremely haughty lately. She spent a lot of time in preparations, even more than she used to spend in studying. Which was, at least to Nick, disturbing news. He was concerned of his daughter's future. "And yet..." he thought "Wasn't such a behavior actually normal for a girl at her age?"

"Nick..." Judy suddenly broke the silence. Nick sharpened ears and nodded in response. "Nick... don't be upset" Judy comforted him, while she held the raccoon. "Our daughter is growing up, she has become a teenager already... Such a behavior is normal."

"No, I have nothing against her..." Nick quickly spoke. "I'm even happy of it... Still, I find it hard to believe... Guess it is a temporary feeling..." he muttered, but it was obvious he was concerned.