The gift's curse

The fist was so heavy that the agent flew off and hit the nearby tree trunks. The other agent turned around, but could not spot the one who had struck...

"Ugh..." Nick muttered.

"NICK! You're alive!" Judy shuddered, this time out of happiness. Oh, Thanks, God! He was alive! She thought. There was still a chance!

"Nick, please! Can you hear me?" Judy stuttered, as she was about to cry.

"Ugh... Judy..." Nick could barely speak.

"Nick, please, PLEASE, hold on! The ambulance is coming! Please hold on!" Judy begged. At this moment, she could do little.... The medic suitcase was left in the car, she had no chance of bringing it before getting a shot. Or probably she would be dead once she stood up and tried to reach the vehicle... Moreover, even if she managed to get there in time, returning would prove to be... difficult. And every second mattered. Nick had lost a lot of blood already and required urgent medical attention. But the terrorists would not allow her to even try to give him pre – medical aid....

"Nick..." Judy cried, completely helpless... She hugged him and caressed him gently...

"Judy... I am seeing... someone..." Nick was probably passing away already.

"NO, NICK! PLEASE! DON'T LEAVE ME!" Judy shouted....

"Hahahahahaha!" the agents laughed. "Say goodbye to your precious husband, Long Ears!"

Judy felt an immense rage. How could they! They had impaled him lethally and were now mocking him!

Suddenly, Judy felt the light at her and lifted her head. She spotted... Violet.

Violet stood in front of the agent. Her fur had bristled, her eyes were glowing in green and purple. She stood there, her eyesight pierced with fury and rage, and, somehow, she was standing... above the ground? Judy rubbed her eyes and winked.

"Vi! .... You're.... flying?" Judy could not believe it. Her daughter was standing above the ground... and she emitted some kind of energy....

"It is time to say goodbye, intruders!" Violet shouted again.

"CHAOS!" Her eyes glowed even brighter. Now, everything was visible behind the restaurant. Judy stared and could not believe the sight....

A subtle smile appeared on the agent's face.

"C'mon, Little One! Show me what you've got! Show me your.... TRUE power! Heheheh..."

As if Violet had read his thoughts, she unleashed an energy wave. It was so powerful, the ground around started shaking. Judy felt horrified – what kind of power did her daughter possess???

"Yes! YES! Show me what you're capable of! Unleash your full power!" the agent shouted and now everyone heard him.

"CHAOS!" Violet shouted in turn and closed her eyes. She prepared to strike.

Suddenly, the agent took out something, which started glowing red in his hand.... A stone? Maybe.

"CHAOS!" Violet was almost ready....

But then, the agent pointed the stone at her. Red light engulfed the surroundings.

"AAAAARGHHHH!" Violet screamed, as she covered her face. The light that hit her was so unbearable... Vi struck a tree hard and collapsed in the dirt.

"VI! NO!" Judy hurried at her, but a deafening shot made her fall as well. "NO!" she shouted. Another bullet was fired at her leg. A third bullet was shot millimeters off her head. Judy shuddered and covered herself.