Affiliation

The crowd settled in the main hall of the kindergarten. Here, all of them sat in a circle of chairs, situated in the middle. Some time passed. Facilitators stepped among the kids and oversaw them, as they prepared for the activities. Violet took a look at her coevals. Although she was open – minded and incredibly curious, she felt a little uneasy and confused. Explicable, since she was alone in a completely new environment. Violet quietly sat on a chair and waited to hear what the grown – ups had to say. For nearly half an hour, no one paid attention to her. Violet remained silent and tried to comfort herself. It was her first time, and as she knew from her mother, each first time was difficult. Suddenly, the kid sitting next to her pulled her lightly by the sleeve.

"Excuse me? What is your name?" he asked shyly. Violet quickly raised her head and looked at him. The boy was a grey rabbit, his ears were with black tips. His eyes were light brown and shined against the solar rays. He wore a colorful T- shirt, fancy shorts and black boots.

"Hello! I'm Violet. And you?" Violet quickly overcame her confusion.

"My name is Franklin" The rabbit barely spoke.

"Nice to meet you, Franklin!" Violet said. "Why are you so worried? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I guess... E – everything's fine" Franklin spoke after a short silence.

"Hey!" someone spoke behind them. "I haven't seen you before! You must be new!" Violet turned around and stood face – to – face with another kid. He was a fox. His fur was crimson red, his tail was pure orange, his eyes were emerald green, just like her father's. Violet examined him with interest. The fox noticed that and started swanking.

"Yeah, I see you're new. Let me introduce myself – my name is Martin! I've been here for two years and I'm the best in this group!" the fox spoke with a touch of pride as he lifted his head. "What about you?" he turned at Violet, ignoring Franklin intentionally.

"My name is Violet" Violet responded. "It's my first day here. Nice to meet you, Martin. Meet Franklin. He is my friend as well!" she smiled, which made the fox a bit confused. He didn't expect the girl to speak about someone else. The fox stared at the rabbit with a hostile expression.

"I didn't notice you. What are you doing here?" Martin asked Franklin.

"I'm sorry, didn't mean to disturb you" Franklin apologized, as he stepped away.

"You're not disturbing us." Violet spoke at last. Though she felt confused as well, she had a sense of justice and when it was provoked...

"Well, I think it's high time you went somewhere else, Long Ears! Go away at once!" Martin told him.

"Uhm, okay" Franklin nodded, as he prepared to get away.

"Franklin, stay here!" Violet spoke with a firm tone in her voice. "I think Martin owes you an apology for being rude!" she looked fiercely at the fox.

"What? I did nothing. He just got what he deserved!" The fox justified himself.

"No, you owe him an apology!" Violet grew more furious.

"What apology? Hey, you're not in position to tell me what to do, little squeaking girl!" he spoke to her, as his fur bristled.

"Martin!" someone shouted from the other side of the hall. "What is this!? Bullying? Insulting? Come here, immediately!" One of the facilitators had spotted them. "What does this mean, little boy? Enough already! Your parents will hear about this one!" the facilitator scolded Martin. „You shall be detained in the punishment room for an hour!"