The warning

Another chapter is coming live, Dear Readers! 

It was high time Shadow participated more actively in the book, so thought more mentioning would do no bad at all! 

Anyway, if you enjoyed the story so far, hit the star button and do not hesitate to comment! ^^

Sincerely: Kosta :)

The next morning, it was incredibly quiet in the Wildes' dome. Judy woke up earlier than everybody else. She looked at her watch and gasped.

Gosh! It was still 6 AM! Judy sighed. She hadn't managed to get any sleep. During the whole night, she had racked her brains in an attempt to analyze the situation and to draw every single possible scenario. Her thoughts were in a mess.

What could have happened after they left professor Rattensberg's house? When did the applicant in question manage to sue Henry? Were there other witnesses? How does it come that they have decided to summon exactly Judy as a witness? Was there any purpose in it, and if yes – what was it? In her head, other questions also emerged: Was the applicant a possible relative or even parent of the baby raccoon? But if yes, then how does it come that he / she sues exactly the professor? If it is accepted no one has been around in that Friday night, then how could someone blame the professor with such certainty? And the criminal division....

Such an accusation was indeed serious and had to be supported by conclusive evidence. What were the circumstances of the case? If professor Rattensberg has been detained, for example, which could be the legal ground for his detention? Kidnapping? But then, how does it come they have found evidence in no time!?

All these questions bothered Judy, while she washed her face. Suddenly, she felt as if... someone was watching her. Judy froze and left the water flowing from the tap. She turned around, but saw no one. Just a note...

BEWARE!

It was pretty scary for a rabbit. But, most unlike the nature of her species, Judy was not scared. She looked around and picked up the note, which had fallen on the floor. When she stood up, she peered through the darky corridor and then was able to notice the contours of a shadowy figure.

Firstly, Judy thought it was Violet or Donny, or maybe them both. Once, they had tricked Judy in such a way for Halloween. They stood on a stool and although they had not managed to freak her out, they still surprised her. Judy sighed and turned on the light.

Now, she saw it... she was standing face – to – face with a hedgehog. Judy felt tremendously furious of the intruder and this time, she managed to bear the creature's hypnotic sight.

"Who are you?" Judy folded her hands. "What are you doing here?"

No response. The creature just continued staring at her with his crimson – red eyes. They looked at each other for some time. Suddenly, Judy realized the hedgehog found it.... Uncomfortable to stay under the light of the lamps. Although just several minutes had passed, it seemed like an eternity to Judy. During this short amount of time, she was able to examine the hedgehog carefully. All of a sudden, as her sight was focused, the creature spoke:

"You do realize what THEY're about to throw you into, don't you? He spoke with an ominous tone, which made Judy shudder. It was the first time someone spoke to her like this.