Parental love

Dear readers, a special note for this part: Found it hard whether to rate it "mature", so if you witness any elements, which could fall under such a category, please let me know in a comment below. Thank you! :)

Yours sincerely: The author

Judy and Lilla entered the house and sat in the dining room. It was still early, but both were tired. How could one not be, after such a long journey? But for Judy, fatigue struck triple as hard. She had not managed to sleep since she and Violet left the kindergarten. Moreover, stress overcame her every time she made an attempt to rest. Even now, Judy felt uneasy and uncertain. Truly, Bonnie welcomed them warmly and was joyful to see her. But still... Judy thought.

Bonnie Hopps was well – known not only as a member of her kin, but also as a persona in the entire county. She had earnt a nobility title across the neighborhood. Bonnie's good manners and discipline formed the most distinctive features of her personality. She was strict, yet was ready to make compromises in order to secure the family's reputation and keep all its members together. Bonnie viewed this as her maternal and family duty. Moreover, she stood in for her belonging to the genus. Bonnie would not let betrayals and rejection take over her kin.

Still, when it came to critics, Bonnie was sometimes more stubborn than her husband, Stu. She had a strong sense of justice and order. This was one of the main reasons the Hopps were so famous in Bunny Burrow. Bearing in mind the fact that this county was one of the most overpopulated in the entire country, one should not underestimate such an achievement on behalf of a family.

Judy was wrapped in her thoughts, head lowered, hands over it, when a glass stamped on the table. Surprised, she rose.

"Mom?" Judy asked, as she stood up. "Let me..." But she could not finish. In a slow, but decisive motion, Bonnie stopped her. She needed no help. Now, Judy felt even more uneasy and worried. It was the first time her mother behaved like this. Judy sat again and took a puzzled look at her auntie. Lilla just shrugged shoulders and continued reading the newspaper she had taken from the station.

Bonnie entered and exited, bringing more and more appetizers and drinks, as if dozens of zootopians were sitting on the table at this moment. False critics, since she prepared dishes for the entire family, not only for Judy, Lilla and Violet.

Finally, Bonnie placed the last plate on the table and sat next to Lilla. Both stationed opposite of her made Judy feel even more uncomfortable and worried. Why did her mother refuse her help? Why did she not sit next to her? Judy only supposed which the answers of these questions could be. She buried her head in her arms and stared at the floor. Judy was incredibly confused already. What did she feel? Love? Shame? Fear? Rage? She could not figure it out. In fact, she did not want to. For all Judy thought of at this moment, was her daughter.

Meanwhile, Bonnie was a bit shocked as well. There was no doubt she was happy, no one denied. But still, the things that had happened to Judy seemed unrealistic, even for a tough lady like Bonnie. She never imagined her daughter could achieve so much, even break an entire known science. Bonnie had always respected eggheads. However, she had noticed activities among some of the advanced scientific circles, which she viewed as strange. Now, Bonnie could no longer trust the widespread interbreeding theories, which claimed that it was practically impossible for creatures like Violet to exist.

Because, If they have been sponsored by certain organizations and agencies with the bare purpose of spreading misinformation... This was no science at all, even if it contained truths at some point.