The raccoon

Dear readers, apologies for the delay, again! But I found it hard... *sobbing* to write it down, since... it was so emotional! Even now....

Nevertheless, if you enjoyed this part, let me know by hitting the vote star!

Also, I'm sure some questions could arise, so don't hesitate to comment as well, thank you!

Yours sincerely: Kosta

The little baby raccoon stared at Judy with interest. Its big brown eyes shined, even in the darkness. The baby was completely diapered in blue cloth, even its eyes were partially covered. Judy had lied on the ground after the shockwave struck her. She had had a lot of such strikes lately, but probably this was the biggest one. And the last one. Judy's memories were fully recovered. There was still a small amount missing, but, as the Chief doctor at the hospital had said, it couldn't be more than 5% of the total.

Still, Judy felt more exhausted than ever. Although she was happy for having restored her memories, the restoration procedure itself was not very.... Nice. Now, she stared right at the raccoon, whom they both with Violet had found in the park in that infelicitous night.

Judy hustled up as she saw the baby raccoon yawning. Its yawn was so sweet!

Judy shuddered as a warm wave hit her. She approached the baby and carefully touched its hand. Firstly, the raccoon seemed to be scared, but in a few minutes it stretched its handies in an attempt to catch Judy's fingers. Judy took it from Henry's wife's hands, hugged it gently and kissed it passionately.

"Hello, Dear!" Judy said gently, as she rubbed her nose into the raccoon's. Just as she did with Violet...

Remembering that, Judy suddenly trembled. She quickly turned around and saw Violet, who was standing behind her. Her eyes were wide – opened, she stood still.

"Vi..... is everything okay?" Judy asked, full of concern. She had never seen Violet to behave like this.

"Vi?" Judy asked again, but Violet did not respond. Her ears had lopped. Judy walked and sat on the sofa, next to her. She held the baby in her hands.

"Vi, Dear, have a look! Isn't it sweet?"

"Mommy?" Violet spoke, instead of answering. "Do you still love me that much?" Such question made Judy look at her. For the first time of her life, Violet saw anger in her mother's eyes.

"Vi, how could you even think of it!?" Judy scolded her daughter. "But of course I love you!" her tone suddenly softened, as tears had appeared in Violet's eyes. She was ready to start crying.

Judy was already aware... she herself was born along four of her brothers and sisters... So, she understood the feeling when your mother had to pay attention to another kid as well... Judy realized her daughter was jealous. It was kiddish jealousy, and it was normal. Till now, Violet had been alone, and from now on, she probably had to adapt to the new conditions.

But Judy would not allow any one of the kids to feel uncomfortable and kicked off. She would pay equal attention to both Violet and the baby raccoon... Yes, she had already decided to adopt the baby...

And yet, she wanted to hear what Nick had to say. After all, he was her partner and husband. He had an equal right referring to voice when it came to kids. Judy remembered how she and Nick had saved Violet from the flames, when she was still unborn. And the joy afterwards...

"Nick..." Judy turned at her husband with a begging expression on her face. "Please... let me keep the baby..."

Nick sat on a couch and buried head in his wrists. Although it seemed easy, it was, in fact, a choice hard to make. Firstly, Nick thought of Violet. Since she was born, he had dedicated part of himself to her.