27

Riley

"You ready?" Lorenzo asked and I gulped as I looked outside of the window next to me.

We had just landed in San Diego and my palms were sweaty. Yes, I may have killed someone before, but that was because they were either trying to kill me first or they showed a threat that they were going to kill my brother. It was just Lorenzo and me so we took Rodolfo's private plane. We were supposed to immediately board off of the plane and check ourselves into the appointed hotel. After we checked in, we were supposed to go to the restaurant that Richard would be dining at. We would wait until he goes into the back and we would eliminate him there. Afterward, we would have our driver waiting outside and we would rush to the hotel. After staying one night, we would head back home. We couldn't check out immediately in case someone did an investigation.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I mumbled and he chuckled as he stood up.

"I know your first deliberate kill sucks. But you'll get over it the more you kill." He said and I nodded, trying to swallow the lump that was currently forming in my throat.

"Cazzo... This is going to be awkward since you're with De Luca and all... but we have to act like an engaged couple. You're good with that, yes?" He asked and I nodded.

"I look stupid. You look great." He said with a pout and I laughed.

I checked myself in the mirror and felt absolutely ridiculous. We both had to disguise ourselves as San Diego commoners whereas Lorenzo was a mafia known assassin and I was on the run from the very man I was set out to kill today. I was wearing a floor-length, black, long-sleeved dress that had a slit going up one leg. I was wearing sheer pantyhose and a pair of black, pointed-toe stilettos. I had my makeup done in a dramatic smokey eye with a deep wine shade lip color to match. I was wearing a long blonde wig and a pair of bright green contacts. I felt ridiculous.

Lorenzo was wearing bright blue contacts and his hair was straightened and gelled back, whereas it was naturally curly and all over the place

Lorenzo was wearing bright blue contacts and his hair was straightened and gelled back, whereas it was naturally curly and all over the place. He was freshly shaved so not even a stubble was noticeable and he was dressed up like I was. He wore a white dress shirt that was slightly unbuttoned, revealing some of his chest hair. Over the top of that, he wore a black dress coat, but he left it unbuttoned. His shirt was tucked into a pair of black dress pants and he wore black pointed loafers. He sported a Michael Kors watch on his wrist and an ear-piercing that was freshly healed.

 He sported a Michael Kors watch on his wrist and an ear-piercing that was freshly healed

"Actually, you look really good. I feel like a school teacher going out for the first time in years." I said and he threw his head back, laughing from his belly.

"Can we both agree we look good, just... different and go? We're wasting time pouting about our disguises." He said with a chuckle and I nodded, grinning as we linked arms and stepped off of the plane together. We both sported engagement rings on our finger, mine a huge diamond ring and him a simple silver band.

A black tinted out car sat in front of us as we walked completely off of the plane. A driver got out of the car and looked at us.

"Rebecca and Christian James?" The driver asked and we nodded, our arms still linked.

"Not James just yet!" I said with a fake happy voice and the driver smiled widely.

"Congratulations, both of you! I hope you both live a happily married life!" He replied and I heard Lorenzo snort next to me. I subtly elbowed him in secret and he covered it up with a cough.

"Thanks." Lorenzo mumbled and the driver led us to the car, opening the door for us to slip in behind him. He closed our door and got in shortly afterward, starting up the car.

"Where to?" He asked and Lorenzo looked at his watch.

"De Luca Enterprises, can you make it snappy? We have to be somewhere in thirty minutes." Lorenzo said properly and it took everything within me not to laugh.

"Yes, sir." The driver remarked and started driving.

After about fifteen minutes we reached the hotel. We got out and headed inside. This hotel was huge, the De Luca name was famous. We walked up to the front desk and a petite woman with grey hair sat, typing away on her computer. She had a name tag that read Faith Vandusen.

"Be with you in a minute." She said as she typed away on her computer, not even glancing at us for even a second.

"Ma'am. We're in a time crunch." I said and she never bothered to give us a glance.

We waited for about five minutes before Lorenzo got his phone out and clicked before holding the phone up to me so I could see that he was calling Dante. I held my snicker in as he put the phone to his ear.

"Uh, yes, corporate? There is a front desk lady here by the name of Faith Vandusen and she is very rude. She will not get off of her computer for even a second to look at us. I think-... yes! I think another job would suit her very well.... Yes... mhm... Yes! Janitorial would be an amazing job for this lady! Yes... thanks very much... mhm.. bye now!" He talked and her eyes widened as she looked at Lorenzo.

"I'm sorry! How many rooms and for how long? Names?" She squeaked out and I smirked at her.

"One room for one night. Rebecca and Christian James." Lorenzo said and she nodded, typing in her computer before handing us a keycard.

"Sweetheart special. Our biggest room. Floor thirty-eight!" She said with a fake smile and we nodded as Lorenzo grabbed the keycard from her hands.

Seconds later the lobby desk's phone started ringing and she picked it up.

"De Luca Enterprises, this is Faith, how can I assist you?" She said with a fake smile and her smile suddenly vanished.

"Dante De Luca, oh my! What did I do to deserve such a call?" She asked while breathing heavily.

She listened for a moment more before hanging the phone up and standing up, smoothing her pencil skirt out.

"Thanks for firing me." She said to Lorenzo before she walked out of the hotel.

Lorenzo looked at me before we both burst out laughing as we made our way outside, Lorenzo stuffing the keycard in his jacket pocket.

"Are you ready for this dinner?" He asked as he held his hand out. I grabbed his hand and shot him a nervous smile.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

___________

A/N: Ooohh.... you guys ready for the next chapter? Please make sure to comment and to vote! <3