18

Riley

It's currently four o'clock in the morning and I'm on the roof of the cabin trying to put my mind at ease, even though all I want to do is barf. It's only been a couple of hours since Dante broke the news to me that my tormentor was his biological father. The man that was supposed to take the place of my real dad is now hunting me down to kill me and my brother. And that man created the man I'm with... how am I supposed to live with that?

I sighed as a nice breeze flew through my hair. I was still in the same clothes as earlier, but I had brought a thick comforter up so I wouldn't have to sit on the blunt, hard roof. I covered up with it as well. I had also brought up the rest of the bottle of tequila for whenever my thoughts became too much for me.

I was cut out of my thoughts when I heard something behind me. I snapped my head in the direction and was faced with Dante. He was shirtless and in a pair of black basketball shorts. I'd be lying if I said I didn't admire his beautifully tattooed body even for a second. His chest was muscled to the Gods, his biceps were huge, and his abs were toned.

"What are you doing up here by yourself in the dark?" He asked in a low, raspy Italian accent, indicating he had just woken up.

"How did you find me?" I asked, ignoring his question and he shrugged.

"This is my hideout spot. I come up here to get away from anything and everything when things become too much... but I see you've done the same." He said with a slight smile.

"Yea.." I mumbled as I slightly shivered, the breeze was picking up so I wrapped the comforter tighter around me.

He must have noticed because he looked at me with a concerned look, "Are you cold?"

I shook my head, "I'm okay."

"You're lying, here..." He stated as he walked towards me and grabbed the comforter from around me. He climbed in beside me and wrapped it around the both of us. He rested his arms around me, causing me to feel his body heat radiate off of him. He was right, I was cold and he was so warm.

"Better?" He asked and I nodded, looking down to bite my lip.

"Don't do that, gattina..." He said lowly and I looked up at him confused.

"Don't do what?" I asked sincerely as I looked up at him. I had no clue as to what he was referring to.

"Don't bite your lip like that." He said, looking away and I smirked.

"What, this?" I asked with a slight chuckle as I bit my lip. He looked at me and growled, flipping me over onto my back and pinning my arms above my head. He bent down to brush his lips across mine and I looked into his green eyes with concern.

"When are we going to talk about it?" He asked and I sighed, moving out from under him to take a swig of the tequila beside me.

"Talk." I said and he huffed in annoyance.

"My sperm doner is the man that's been harassing and tormenting you for years... how does this affect us?" He asked and I looked at him with a half smile.

"Well, you don't have contact with him, right?" I asked and he shook his head.

"You won't have contact with him?" I asked again and he shook his head furiously at that one.

"He abandoned my ma and had us fend for ourselves up until I was twelve, Riley. I had to learn how to steal money and food to make sure bills were paid and food was on the table. Plus it didn't help she's been off and on sick my whole life... it was hard, and he only made it worse for us. I have nothing for that bastard." He spat out, mostly to himself.

"I'm sorry, Dante. That's rough.." I trailed off, putting my hand on his back and he grinned at me.

"You're cute." He said and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"That's totally not even in the same ballpark as to what we were just talking about, De Luca." I chuckled and he grinned cheekily again, causing his deep dimples to show and I nearly fell out. This man was gorgeous.

"You're still cute, though." He said, grabbing the tequila from me and knocking it back.

"Go halfsies?" I asked and he nearly spit the liquor out in amusement.

"Halfsies? What the fuck is that?" He asked while laughing and I lightly punched his arm.

"You drink half the bottle and I'll drink the other half." I said and he chuckled, already drinking his half.

When he finally finished his half he handed the bottle at me and burped. I laughed and grabbed it from him, starting to chug what was left of the disgusting liquid. It burned my tongue, my throat, and all the way into my belly. I shook off the burning sensation and continued chugging as he playfully chanted 'chug chug chug' over and over.

"Damn gattina, you have a death wish?" He laughed and I smirked at him as I finished the last few drinks.

Before I could respond to his sarcastic comment, we heard a girl giggling from below us. We looked at each other with our eyebrows furrowed in confusion. We both scrambled to look over the side of the cabin and seen Davina and Travis running with each other to the tree where they could be 'hidden'. They started kissing and my eyes widened as I realized what was about to happen.

"GUYS! GO GET A ROOM!" Dante screamed and I laughed as the look of horror washed over their face when they spotted us on the roof.

"No, you!" Travis yelled back with a laugh as he continued to kiss Davina on her neck. I scoffed playfully and Dante grinned at me.

"Wanna have our own show in the room?" He asked as he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"Duh!" I said with a giggle as he led us off of the roof and into his room...

____________________

A/N: Please comment and vote! <3