REVIEW NO 33

The book we are going to review today is Ghost Of You by Sapphire0258

Now first these are the basics.

Book Name: Ghost Of You

Author's account name: Sapphire0258

Main Characters: Lavender Brown, Fred and George Weasley, the Golden Trio and a few others.

Description:

As Lavender Brown's body lay amongst the ruins of what was once her home, she watched a family grieve the loss of one of their own, wondering why fate had so cruelly dealt them such cards. From a young age, all she wanted was to love and be loved in the same manner, but perhaps witnessing it with her dying breaths was all she deserved. No one should suffer that pain. If only things had worked out differently, she could have helped them and perhaps made a difference.

A few feet away, Fred Weasley lay lifeless, his spirit having left the body. Yet when he wakes up the next morning with no memory of it all, it slowly dawns on him that something had gone terribly wrong.

The only question remained was, could he do anything to fix it?.

Chapter Count: 18 and Ongoing.

***

Now let's get on with the review!

***

1. The Title:

Since the story uses death and post dying experience as a main theme, the title is perfect.

2. The Cover:

Like I have stated in so many reviews before, simple covers (such as this one) are my favorite. The slight fading effect on Lav's image as well as the font gives it a very thematic feel.

3. Concept:

The story is based on Lavender Brown and is set post Deathly Hallows. The author believes that Lavender was one of the characters who didn't get the ending she deserved, hence this story came into being.

4. Review (includes Summary too):

Th story starts with a prologue showing Lavender and Fred's death in the final battle at Hogwarts. After that it takes a rather interesting and unique turn; Fred Weasley returns to a fixed point in the past as a ghost. He relives a part of his life from a third person's perspective and unlike other ghosts, he can't be seen or heard by anyone else. At one point in the story, he meets Lavender who is in a similar situation as he is and the two of them seem to have a very strange connection between them. 

I think that it would be best if I don't give away the details any further. The author has crafted the story lovingly and kept the suspense throughout the chapters and I would like to maintain that for any future readers. 

What I think:

I have never before read something so different and gripping at the same time. At first I was a bit confused but after the third chapter, the story instantly pulled me in. Both Fred and Lavender's characters are portrayed beautifully, showing conflict where needed and displaying their former traits as well. In short, this story is really good and you should definitely check it out. 

***

If you are looking for a story that offers a very different continuation of the series and offers a very unique concept, then this is the fanfic for you.

***

Sapphire0258 First and foremost, I am really glad that you picked Lavender Brown as a main character. It was lovely to read your fanfic and I found the unique concept very refreshing. What happens after a person dies has always been a mystery to man but many have tried to explore through imagination. I love that you brought this concept in to a HP fanfic as well. And I'm sure that this story is worth a lot more recognition. However, I would suggest you to not keep it all too suspenseful because in the early chapters, it gets a bit confusing. A little bit detailing wouldn't destroy the anticipation you intend to build up in your readers. Best of luck! 

 Best of luck!