* Write What You Want To Read

This one is more of a personal tip and what my grandmother used to tell me.

We all have stories that we want to read but most of the time, we can't find such stories out there in the books that are available. So what if these stories do not yet exist?

Perhaps you could be the one to write such a story and many other people like you who want to read that story would find your book in the stores and be like "Oh finally, someone wrote about this topic. I can't wait to read it!"

Now obviously most of you would be wondering that its an ideal way of thinking and not many books make it past the publishing and all, but take some time to think about it.

For example, we do have Wattpad and other such online reading and writing sites where we can post our work so why not give it a try there?

Why not post work that you want to read and eventually people with similar reading interests will reach out and your books will get the recognition they deserve? It might take time but it's not impossible or with zero chances of success. I strongly believe that if you give your writing your 100 percent, if you put in the effort and hard work then it ultimately gets rewarded no matter how long it takes.

For me, this tip has come in the most handy. Even though I still struggle with writing original stories, I have written a lot of fanfictions and most of them are on characters that I want to read about but can't find on Wattpad yet. Most are about topics that I don't see being covered in fanfics or in general. Most of them are love stories that have various other themes too such as trust, honesty and good communication.

All of this matters a lot to me and makes up what I want to read so I just decided to write it myself and so far it's turning out great.

I like to focus on underrated or neglected characters in fanfiction because they have the most potential to be explored and turned into great stories. I also try my best to explore love stories from a slightly realistic angle, thinking about what happens after the happily ever after.

I have been on Wattpad since 2014 and by now, I am happy with what I write because it is what I want to read as well. And many people have reached out to my books and appreciated them because that's what they want to read too.

If you're wondering where are these books because you can't find any on this account, then that's because this account is my main account on which I post opinion books and poetry etc. The fanfiction account is ZeninaD and you can check it out if you're interested in reading DC fanfiction.

Now of course things work differently for all of us and perhaps this is not the advice for you. But to those who can feel what I am trying to convey and who want to give it a try, please do.

The most important part is to write and what better than to write what you feel deeply about?

So take some time to think about what stories you want to read and if you feel like you should be the one to write out these stories, then take the next step and plunge yourself into writing. It might seem difficult at first, it might clash with your daily routine but slowly you will get the hang of managing it and once you do, you will discover that writing as a hobby is indeed very rewarding on a personal level. At least it is to me and I am sure there will be people among you who have felt the same.

Anyhow before this turns into a TED talk, let's cut it off here. I hope you all have a lovely day and try to take some time out for writing down the stories you want to read.

I wish you all the best and happy writing!