REVIEW NO 1

The book we are going to review today is Batter Up by zkzarkos

Now first these are the basics.

Book Name: Batter Up

Author's account name: zkzarkos

Main Characters: George Weasley, the Weasley family, Kenneth Towler, Ariana and Roxanne Cervantes.

Description:

In which he tried to run away from his sorrows only to find that he carried along as part of himself.

Chapter Count: 8 and ongoing.

***

Now let's get on with the review!

***

1. The Title:

Since it is a George Weasley fanfic and is post war which means Fred is not in the picture, so obviously this title is perfect for the fanfic.

2. The Cover:

I have a fondness for simple covers and let me tell you, this one is really simple yet touching. I loved it instantly.

3. Concept:

The story is based upon post war George and also on how the Weasley family is coping with Fred's loss and the destruction of the second wizarding war.

It is depicts an honest account of how wars can tear people apart and also focuses on a mother's unconditional love for her children.

4. Review (includes Summary too):

As of now there are very few chapters published so obviously I'm in no danger of spoiling the story through my review.

The fanfic is written from George's perspective and is in third person narration. It begins with an insight in George's life after losing Fred and shows his emotions.

George Weasley after mourning his twin brother's death for long decides that it is time to uproot and go travel to get the loss of his brother off his mind. He goes to California to stay with a school friend Kenneth and there on his trip he meets Roxanne Cervantes (Ken's neighbor) as well as her niece Ariana.

What I think:

Every single thing in this fanfic from George's sorrow to Molly's fears of losing him and the family trying to mend itself up again is thoroughly touching and realistic.

I am looking forward to reading more as the author updates because this story has a certain magic in itself. I love the plaintive yet touching style with which it is written; a style that is perfect for writing a post war fanfic.

***

If you are looking for a story that deals with the after effects of the war and want a hooking story line, then this is the book for you.

***

zkzarkos I enjoyed reading every single chapter of Batter up and I must congratulate you on providing such a great story.

This is my first review for HP fanfics and I must say that I am excited to read a lot more. Batter Up is the kind of book I prefer reading in quiet surroundings because it gave me a lot to ponder over what it feels like to lose a close family member and how difficult it is to redeem the loss.

Keep up the marvellous efforts and write more. I am sure one day your story will make it to the top. Wish you best of luck for the future.

Also a great shout out to v-xviii who supplied the idea for this fanfic.