REVIEW NO 17

The book we are going to review today is Futuristic by SosoAuthor

Now first these are the basics.

Book Name: Futuristic

Author's account name: SosoAuthor

Main Characters: Camila Conner, Neville Longbottom, Cedric Diggory, the Weasleys, the Golden Trio and a few others.

Description:

Camila Conner predicted everything from her father dying to becoming a witch. When she finds out she is a muggle-born witch, she is overtaken with relief and joy. She trust Dumbledore with her visions, and in her forth year she predicts the champions before she knows about the tournament.

She predicts everything about Harry through the years.

She is a seer.

Along the way she makes friends, make enemies, and tries to keep her secret safe from anyone.

Will she Succeed is the question.

Chapter Count: 41 and Completed.

***

Now let's get on with the review!

***

1. The Title:

The title collaborates with the story well as it is based on a Seer who has an insight into the future.

2. The Cover:

The cover is simple but I would suggest changing it. Probably include something more related to Divination and Seers. A girl with a crystal ball or a girl sitting with a far off look. But it totally depends on the author.

3. Concept:

The story is based on Camila Conner, a Seer who has predicted many major events that take place. It focuses on her days at Hogwarts and the adventures that are in store for her.

4. Review (includes Summary too):

The story starts from an introduction to Camila and focuses on the aspect that her ability has made her life very complicated. She is a Muggleborn so when she discovered the wizarding world, she thought maybe it was normal for witches to see into the future but realizes it is a rare gift that comes with heavy prices.

The fanfic proceeds on to the fifth year and from then on the events follow as they originally do with a few adjustments here and there.

What I think:

The writing style is easily understandable though at times it may seem a little rushed. Personally I prefer stories to follow a pattern like if the first chapter is of the character's first year I would like it if instead of jumping to the fifth year immediately, gradual steps towards it are taken by explaining the second, third and fourth years as well.

Overall the story is good. Camila and Neville's friendship is beautiful and I can tell the author has thought a lot about various aspects of Cammy's character and carefully adjusted her in the plot. I also appreciate the fact that the author has allowed the character to make friends as well as enemies throughout the school years because seriously a person who is friends with everyone for a whole seven years at school seems quite nonsensical to me.

***

If you are looking for a story from a different perspective with additional characters then this is the book for you.

***

SosoAuthor Futuristic is a great fanfic. It needs a few edits such as try to slow down the pace of your story and pay attention to when and how Camila has her visions. I would suggest you to look up Trelawney's character for reference and take into account her condition when she makes a prediction. Being a seer is not a choice, it is considered a curse as well. A seer can't have visions that frequently it just happens when the Seer comes in contact with something that symbolizes a particular event. Also these visions are energy draining.

However I think your writing has great potential and you will surely go a long way. Best of luck and I hope you achieve all your goals.

 Best of luck and I hope you achieve all your goals