REVIEW NO 24

The book we are going to review today is Cataclysm by bluebellSlytherin25

Now first these are the basics.

Book Name: Cataclysm

Author's account name: bluebellSlytherin25

Main Characters: Harry Potter, Loki Fleamont Potter, Regulus Black, Rolf Scamander and a few others.

Description:

Everyone knew of Harry James Potter, everyone knew of the boy with the lightning bolt scar and the emerald green eyes, everyone knew of the boy who had disappeared on November 1st, never to be seen until September. Indeed, everyone did know about Harry James Potter, the boy who lived.

But no one seemed to know about the other.

No one knew about the boy with unstable magic, No one knew about the boy whose scars told a story, No one knew about the boy who had disappeared on November 1st never to be seem until September. No one knew about Loki Fleamont Potter, the boy who survived.

People placed Harry on a pedestal of greatness, bowed down to his feet whenever he walked by but for Loki, it was only spit flying in his face and words of frustration echoing in his ears. But when Hogwarts arrives, as Harry is trying to find a stone that might potentially murder him, Loki has other plans and one of them involves forbidden expeditions.

Mirrors showing another side, a map that details the whereabouts of everyone, and a creature that's taken you as it's owner?

This was going to be a very unusual first year.

Chapter Count: 9 and Ongoing.

***

Now let's get on with the review!

***

1. The Title:

The title is unique and pulls a reader in which is indeed the very qualities of a good title.

2. The Cover:

I really love the cover and even though it seems slightly confusing at first, a person coming out of a suitcase can be considered an appropriate cover for a fanfic related to Newt Scamander, but it does make sense as the story unfolds.

3. Concept:

The story is based on Harry's twin brother Loki and how he's different and also treated differently from the Chosen One.

4. Review (includes Summary too):

The story begins from a happy scene of Lily and James with their twin sons and is so beautifully written that it made my heart break as the author twisted it to recreate the tragic death of the Potters.

The story takes an unexpected turn when Loki is given to Regulus Black to care for by Albus Dumbledore. The author must explain the reason to how Reg survived later on in the story because as far as I know Regulus had bdied by the Inferi months before the Potter's were killed.

What I think:

The characterization and scenes are well thought out and nothing short of marvelous. I appreciate that the author has paid attention to child development in the fanfic too and aken care of minute details which make the story even more interesting. The description of the fanfic is also good and able to lure readers in and overall it is a great attempt at breaking out from the cliche Potter twin stories.

***

If you are looking for a fanfic which is different from what you've usually read and breaks the cliche of the Potter twin, then this is the book for you.

***

bluebellSlytherin25 Reading Cataclysm was a whole new experience for me. Not only is it better from your previous works but it also shows that you have put a lot of time and effort into it which I thoroughly admire. Like all your stories, it is different in a good way and that's what I love most about it. Loki is a lovable character and how you have portrayed him is worth applauding. Keep writing in this wonderful style of yours and I wish you best of luck.

 Keep writing in this wonderful style of yours and I wish you best of luck