REVIEW NO 30

The book we are going to review today is Pure Blood by andylovesdua

Now first these are the basics.

Book Name: Pure Blood

Author's account name: andylovesdua

Main Characters: Cassiopeia Black, Oliver Wood, Billie Garau, Asterion Black, the Golden Trio and a few others.

Description:

In which Oliver Wood gets the pureblood princess to fall for him.

Chapter Count: 41 and Ongoing.

***

Now let's get on with the review!

***

1. The Title:

The title is relevant since the story is based on a pureblood witch and follows her on her journey from following pureblood supremacy beliefs to deviating once she discovered the truth of how biased their beliefs actually were.

2. The Cover:

This cover is a perfect example of a cover that gains the reader's attention immediately. The title stands out, the editing style is great and all in all, it's a really beautiful cover.

3. Concept:

The story is based on Cassiopeia Black, a Ravenclaw student and Quidditch captain who studies in the same year as Oliver Wood. She is the daughter of Perseus Black (Sirius and Regulus' elder brother who was sentenced to Azkaban after the first wizarding war).

4. Review (includes Summary too):

After her parents were sentenced to Azkaban, Cassie and her elder brother Asterion were taken in by the Malfoys. They were raised with the knowledge that purebloods are superior to all other wizards. The story starts from Harry's first year but is focused mostly on Cassiopeia and her school life. With time she finds out that not everything she and her brother were taught from a very young age was correct. As her friendship with Oliver increases, she starts to gradually come out of the bubble in which she had been living in. At a climactic point in the story, Cass was engaged to Flint according to the pureblood families' tradition without her approval so in order to prevent that, she ran away from home and was taken in by the Weasleys for a short time until Dumbledore was informed of the situation and her aunt, Andromeda Tonks, was contacted as well.

What I think:

This fanfiction is extremely well written. I loved reading every single chapter as it immediately hooked me from the first chapter. Everything, from the dialogues to the characterization, is perfect. There are not many good Oliver Wood fanfics out there, but this one is definitely worth reading.

***

If you are looking for a story that features Oliver Wood and also sheds light on pureblood supremacy ideas and how such beliefs affect the people who follow them, then this is the fanfic for you.

***

andylovesdua, your fanfic is absolutely amazing! I loved Cassiopeia's character as well as the nice additions you have made to the original plot. The way you have portrayed Asterion and Cassie's bond is also remarkable. I can understand why Asterion took the decisions he had to in this fanfic and love the fact that he still supported his sister and believed in her at a time when most of the people she considered as family referred to her as a disgrace. Moreover, I absolutely love Oliver Wood in this story and wish there were more stories on him that showed him in such a positive light. In short, I am really glad you submitted Pure Blood for the reviews due to which I got to read such a beautiful story. Thank you so much. And I wish you best of luck and success wherever you go.

 And I wish you best of luck and success wherever you go