Bloody Music Notes - Maki x Kaede

This is a normal school AU that's taking place in Hope's Peak Academy. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~

  It was a normal day in Hope's Peak Academy. Maki was sitting in front of a large, black piano with an over-enthusiastic blonde pianist sitting on the bench beside her. Maki was beginning to regret the choice of asking Kaede to teach her how to play the piano.

  "Alright, so these are the keys. C, D, E, F, G, A, and B." Kaede explained while pointing to a row of keys in the middle of the keyboard.

  Maki nodded slowly, she knew the basics of piano. It was just that she was never any good at playing songs on the keyboard, her fingers didn't move the right way.

  After a few hours, Maki could play Für Elise decently well. Kaede started to play along with her, turning the song into a duette, which sounds beautiful despite Maki messing up every now and then. Every time their hands brushed against each, it made the Ultimate Assassin blush.

  "That was great, Maki!" Kaede beamed, making the assassin smile softly.

  "You're a lot better than I am." Maki said blankly, she still had trouble showing her emotions to people. {A/N: She's kinda like Kokichi in that way:} Even though all the students at Hope's Peak were kind enough, she supposed.

  "Why don't we play again tomorrow?" Kaede asked hopefully.

  "Sure." Maki agreed, leaving the room swiftly and allowing a blush to cover her face.

~~~~~~~~

  The pair continued to play piano together for several weeks, Maki slowly getting better at playing the massive instrument. Kaede and Maki even began to write music together, which had given Maki an idea that she had been working on for several nights. And she was finally ready to show Kaede.

  "Kaede?" Maki asked as she walked briskly into piano room.

  "Yeah?" Kaede replied as she stopped playing the piece she was working on and turned to look at her friend.

  "I-I wrote a piece, and I want you to listen to it." Maki murmured, surprised that she stuttered. She never stuttered.

  Kaede blushed slightly before scooting over on the bench, "Sure!"

  Maki placed the two-page-song on the music rack, taking a deep breath before allowing her fingers to glide over the keys. Kaede watched as Maki played the song which she wrote specifically for Kaede.

  After the music drifted off as the last cord was played, Maki turned to look at Kaede. The pianist had small tears in her eyes and a huge smile on her face.

  "That was beautiful!" Kaede allowed a few tears to fall as she beamed brightly at the assassin.

  "It wasn't that good." Maki said shyly while hiding her blush from the blonde.

  "But it was!" Kaede insisted, "This is one of the more complex songs I've ever heard! How'd you practice it?"

  "On the piano, when you weren't here." Maki confessed, looking away.

  "That's great! You'll be a master in no time!" Maki allowed herself to smile at the happiness of the pianist.

  The pair continued to play the piano, Kaede making up music to play in the background as Maki played her song for a second time, humming the lyrics she didn't have the courage to sing.

  "I want you to know that I wrote this song because of you." Maki said as the pair were packing their things up.

  Kaede beamed, "Thanks! Though it sounds a bit like a love song." The pianist glanced back at the piano.

  "I-it was meant to be a love song... I like you, Kaede." Maki finally said it, there was no going back now.

  "I like you, too," Kaede smiled, "Maki Roll."

  Maki rolled her eyes as the two girls walked out of the piano room talking about what this made them. Friends with benefits sounds about right, however, Kaede managed to persuade she into being a couple. Which also felt right.

~~~~~~~~

  That's so cute! I love this fanfiction and I hope that you all did too. I love you all, have a great day! Bye-onara!