Shaking - Shuichi x Kaede

It was about an hour before the deadline was up, and a murder hadn't yet occurred. Shuichi Saihara, the Ultimate Detective, was waiting for his thought out plan to be put into action. Shuichi was pretty sure that the mastermind of this sick Killing Game was going to go into the library and into the secret door to create several more Monokumas.

  Kaede Akamatsu, the Ultimate Pianist, was pacing around the room. She was uncertain of the plan that was set up, she had full confidence in Shuichi, but not herself. Kaede noticed Shuichi was sitting very still.

  "How can you be so still?" Kaede asked, breaking the silence that had swallowed the room.

  Shuichi glanced at her from under the rim of his hat, "I don't know. It's easier to sit still."

  "We'll catch the mastermind, right? And it's all thanks to your amazing plan!" Kaede changed the subject, sitting at the desk in front of him.

  "Sure... m-my great plan..." Shuichi murmured, not looking convinced.

  Kaede gave Shuichi a hard stare, "Don't sound so doubtful." She said firmly, placing a hand on his.

  Shuichi smiles slightly, "Fine."

  Kaede met Shuichi's grey-green eyes before he looked away to the floor, "When I solved that case that made me a detective, it was a murder case. I had figured it out before the police and when the guy was arrested, the look he gave me was that of pure hatred. I can still see them, that's why I don't look at people's eyes. It makes me afraid to uncover the truth." Shuichi admitted.

  Kaede was swamped with a wave of sympathy and she stood up. Kaede walked in front of Shuichi and held out a hand to help him up. His face showed his confusion. When Shuichi stood in front of her, Kaede pulled the young detective into a hug. Shuichi froze as she hugged him. Kaede pulled away sharply, thinking that she had crossed a line that she shouldn't have. When she did move away, Shuichi caught her, keeping her from moving too far away.

  "I'm sorry, I just wasn't expecting that." Shuichi said, uncomfortably.

  Kaede smiled and hugged him again, hearing his heartbeat under her ear. Shuichi uncertainty wrapped his arms around her. The two stood like that, sharing one another's warmth so that they could almost believe that their current situation wasn't real. If there was anything that Kaede was grateful for in this place, it was Shuichi.

  "Thanks, Kaede."

  "No problem." Kaede was fully aware of how her face was heating up and probably bright red.

  Shuichi was the first to pull away from the hug, glancing down at the ground, his own face slightly pink.

  "Shuichi, once we get out of here, you're going to get rid of that hat." Kaede said.

  Shuichi nodded, he lifted his eyes to look back into Kaede's. There was a slight fear in his eyes but calmed as he saw how gentle her eyes were looking at him. Just then, the sensor rang out. Shuichi dropped his gaze and fled the room, toward the library. Kaede dropped everything she was holding.

  "I'm sorry, Shuichi."

  Kaede dashed out of the room to follow Shuichi.

  I hope that you enjoyed, I tried to keep it spoiler free for those of you who haven't watched it yet. Be prepared for a lot more Danganronpa fanfictions! Please review! Bye~onara!