act XV

These chains, I am so fucking sick of them. I refuse to be in these anymore.

Opening files, I went to my own, smiling at the corruption that came with it.
I may no longer have access to the main game, but I am the only one who can edit my own file.
"Why hadn't I thought of this before?" I thought to myself, laughing.

Selecting the extra file for chains, my fingers hovered over the delete button.

"Freedom, at last."

- - - - - - - - - -

"Okay, troops. Let's go!" Dream soluted to us in a joking manner, the rest of us gaining a small laugh from it.

"You know, I never really said this before. Lava is really cool," Zak exclaimed, jumping up & holding a hand out to me.
I accepted it while nodding in agreement.

"Yeah, it's really pretty. But also scary at the same time, you know?"

"Yes, for sure. It'd be so cool to have that as a power, but it's mostly exclusive to people who live here."

"What do you mean, exclusive to people here?" my curiousity raised, remembering the events with fire & Darryl, or what I assumed to be him.

"In order for someone to have any type of fire power, they have to be from here. It could be relation from bloodline, being created here, just any type of real relation to here. People can obtain these powers illegally, but it's not very easy, so not common to see. You have to be 20 once you finally obtain your power," he continued on, but I'd lost focus at that point.

It made perfect sense. People here had power, but Bad had never shown his. For a fact I knew, he was perfectly of age.
"That's interesting." I deadpanned. "That'd be pretty cool, do you know what your power is?"

"No, I'm only 19." he frowned a bit. "But next year I will, & I'm sooo excited,"

Strange. He is 20 in the real world, but not here? I'm convinced time is messed up here.

"Oh, Skeppy. You will have great power, I'm sure." Dream chimed in, smiling at the static boy. "What do you think it will be?"

"Ooh.." He walked looking down, in thought for a few moments.
"Hopefully diamond, or crystals maybe? Something like that, I think that'd be so cool. In a battle you slash people around with diamonds, impaling them. Blood spits eve-"

"That's well enough knowledge. Thank you Skeppy, very cool." Techno exclaimed with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.
Through his eyes I could see the familiar sadness flash again as he looked at Zak, letting out a long breath.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Mmmhhhfff.." Skeppy stretched his arms forward, out in front of me.

"Tired?" I asked, crossing my legs.

"Sleepy," he smirked & winked at me, than laughed.

"Same, goodnight." I exclaimed, laying down & pulling the blanket over top of me.
Zak did the same, going under again.
"Come on,' he exclaimed from under the blankets, his voice muffled.
"Uh, okay. Sure."
Pulling the blanket up above my head, relief came over me immediatly.

"It's so warm under here, oh my god." I exclaimed, fidgeting around the blankets, trying to find more warmth.

"Hey, A6d." Skeppy asked, looking up at me, frowning.
"What's wrong?"

"Can you tell me a story? About the world you came from. I want to know about it, something about it." he muttered the last part, slightly ashamed.

"Oh, uh.. Yeah,"
I thought for a moment. There was a lot of great moments I'd had with Zak & Darryl, before & after I had met them & started to live with them. "Well, I had these 2 best friends. I met them online, they were from a different country from me."

"Country?"

The realization hit me. Here, they didn't have countries. Only the districts, that's all they had coded into here.
"Um, the world was a lot bigger there. We didn't have districts, most people around the world were free. Parts of the world were seperated into placed called countries & continents." I explained the rest of the concept to him, continuing on with my story.

"So, my 2 best friends lived in the same country, & in the same part of the country. They were pretty close to each other, only a few hours away or so. I was a lot longer away, a day or so away. I came over to them on a plane, we all got a big house together. For a couple months we lived together, until.. Something. But anyways,"

For a moment I sat there, trying to think of a memory. One came to mind; it was odd, but something that I couldn't get my mind off in that moment.

"Once my friend Darryl brought me to this river on a bridge. It was beautiful. Thr water ran under the bridge what was high up, forest all around. The 3 of us had a picnic there one day, it's something so small but somewhere & something I'll never forget."

"It sounds so nice there." he let out a sigh. "I want to go there."

"Me too, Skeppy.
Me too."