ever after

"Vincent."

A familiar voice caused me to flicker my eyes open to the world around me.
Grey clouds spread out all around me, a faint sunset painting the sky with colours & patterns.

"Vincent." it said again, causing me to look up.

"TECHNO!" I jumped up, wrapping my arms around the taller male. I let myself breath in his scent, like roses.
How ironic.

He hugged me back, tighter. My head fell onto his shoulder, tears threatening to come along.
"I'm sorry I let you die. Please, I'm sorry, Dave. Thank so, thank you so much. You're my best friend, I'm so, so, sorry."

I felt him pull away from the hug, smiling at me with his eyes glistening of tears.
"No, thank you, Vincent."
The rays of the sun cast over his silhouette, illuminating agaisnt his hair and pale skin tone. Oranges, reds, yellows. They all went toegther in a mixture, creating one of the most beautiful images I've ever seen.

A voice interrupted us.
"Hello, Vincent. Hello, Dave." The voice was a woman; but nobody seemed to be around. It's as if the voice came from the clouds, or sun.
"Thank you for playing Fallen. Out of all our fighters, nobody has came to succeed. There have been many that have came close, many that have been a far distance & never got to experience what you have. Without you, our world would have been doomed, along with the outside world. Because of you, the worlds are now in balance & peace once again."

Her words lingered in my mind, causing a sense of peace to come over me as Dave grabbed my hand, squeezing it lightly.

"We are proud to say..

You have beaten Fallen."

I jumped into Dave's arms once again, the both of us laughing.
"It may have been without me, but you did it, Vincent."

"No, I couldn't have done it without you. You may not have survived, but you went out saving me, Techno. You're a hero."

He smiled, the two of us pulling away once again.

The voice spoke up
"Now, you are left with a decision." it paused, letting me process this infortmation, most likely. "You may go home, or you can rest with us."

I glanced over to Techno.
Through this whole time all I wanted was to go home, for things to be back as they used to. With my friends, fans, channel. My family, my home.
But nothing woukd ever be the same again. It'd take time to heal, but I will.
Or, I could finally be at rest from it all.
The choices hung in my head for a second, until I nodded to myself.

With that, I knew my decision.