act XI

bright white eyes, nobody can see
past the glare of the soul they seek
let this light shine onto me
i'll show you what you're meant to be
in this fake reality

☁ 〜 * • . • * ~ 〜

"No."

"Okay."
Silence filled the room.
It felt so familiar, yet still so unsettling.

"We need to find a way to get out, but how?"

Zak nodded towards me, gesturing to the door.
I head over, crouching to the knob & keyhole. Of course, it was locked.

"What are we going to do?"

I thought for a second, then looked back to the shelves & boxes.
"There are like, pins & nails over there. Maybe they can unlock the door?"

"Possibly?"
I went over, retrieving a couple of the pins & nails, then back to Skeppy.

"Do you know how to pick a lock?" he asked, looking down at me as I was again crpuched by the knob.

"Yeah, it's something I learned during some class field trip once.. in my own world."
I stuck the pin into the keyhole, twisting it around, trying to find what way would unlock it.
"There's probably more than 1 lock. I'd be surprised if not.."

The lock clicked, & the door swung open.

"Oh." we both exclaimed at the same time.

"You owe me a soda," he grinned at me, & we both stepped out of the room cautiously.

His expression faded as we looked around. All around us was rocks, but instead of the same grey cobblestone they were more of a red tint. Dead trees all around, showing maybe there was once a forest of some type. Gleaming fire reflecting the enviroment all around us.

It was a beautiful, yet dangerous sight.

The small room we were in appeared to be a part of a bigger place, almost like a prison.

"Wow," Skeppy stared at our enviroment.

"Do you know where we are?"

"The e-"

He was cut off by a loud scream coming from the building.
"GET THEM!"

I jumped, turning around at the sound.
A loud alarm started blaring off, causing both Skeppy & I to cover our ears.

Red lights flashed all around the building, followed by the sound of more screaming voices.

I felt an arm grab onto me, looking up it was Skeppy.
"RUN, NOW!" he yelled, pulling me forwards.

I dollowed his orders, following behind his quick footsteps, running farther away from the building.

Behind us I could hear screaming of other people, yelling our names. Trying to catch up to us.

"A6d, can you do parkour?"

"I- I don't know."

"You have to try, let's go!"

Suddenly my hand became cold, Skeppy letting go of it.
Abruptly I stopped myself from running, almost falling of the edge of a cliff.

Skeppy was already doing jumps across platforms of the rocks, oddly floating in air.
Again, physics really aren't a thing here, are they?

I looked back behind me, several armed .. human like creatures running towards me, fully armed.
Turning back to the jumps, I sighed.
"It's die or possibly live."

I jumped onto one of the stones, to a perfect landing.
Skeppy had sped through this quickly, & was now waiting for me, calling my name in a panic.

I inhaled once more, holding my breath & jumping again.
And again.

All the way to the last, jumping to the platform Skeppy was standing on, then losing my balance.
I slipped back, grabbing onto the edge.
Below me was a large ocean of bright, striking lava. Bubbling, threatning to eat me up if I were to slip at any given second.

"A6d! Get up!"
Skeppy grabbed my hands, pulling me up from the ledge.

"Run, run, RUN!"

- - - - - - - - - -

Finally, we had lost them.
They seemed to give up & turn back after going so far from the base, giving us a rest.

"Oh my god." I sunk down by a tree, placing my head in my hands.

Skeppy was pacing around, still in a panic.

"Skeppy, we're okay. They're gone now, you don't have t-"

"A6d."
He stared at me dead in the eye, the static becoming more darler than the usual.

"This is the enemies' world."