act II

"Woo, let's gooo!"
Zak threw his dark blue suitcase in the back of the truck, climbing in with it.

Vincent sat on the other side at the window, with him and Zak's bags in the middle seat as Darryl has the front wheel.

"This is going to be sooo much fun," Zak exclaimed, smiling bright.

Darryl laughed, "Yeah, I agree. I'm excited to be able to ride that water slide!" he started humming to himself.

"This is gonna be great," Vince smiled and put his headphones on, turning on some music from his phone.

- Skeppy's POV -

august 20th, 2020

we've been in the car about 2 and a half hours. it was only supposed to take an hour and a half, but we are stuck in traffic and still have another 3 hours to go, if we get lucky enough. vincent fell asleep and darryl looks like he wants to.
i suddenly have that very sick feeling again.
it had died down a bit from last night, but n

-
The sound of skidding tires caused me to look up immediatly, dropping the pen I was holding.
I had no time to process what had happened before I heard the sound of a loud crash, and again the skidding of tires.
Then everything went black.

-

"Zak?!"

The voice was blurry but I could tell it's making out my name.
I opened my eyes, lights blinding my vision.

"Oh my goodness, Zak, you're awake!!"

It took a few minutes, but my field of vision cleared up. Darryl was sitting there in front of me on a small plastic chair. Machines were all around me, none of what I knew except a heart monitor.

"What happened?"
My voice was scratchy and weak, more quieter than I had thought it'd be. But still, Darryl knew what I was saying.

"Oh, Zak.." His tone had sorrow to it. "What do you remember last?"

"Um.." I tried to recall memories of what I last remembered. "We were driving to the hotel, but than there were loud crashes. And flashes of red and blue, then everything was bla- Oh my god, did we get in a crash?! What is the date?!"

Panic settled in my chest, causing the heart monitor to start beeping louder & faster.
"Calm down, please."
He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, visibly tired.
His eyes were bloodshot red, bags under and his voice low, not much emotion to it.

"That happened August 20th. It's just August 22nd, 12:24 AM. Yeah, we got in a crash. You didn't have anything very bad happen, just surgery on your arms and legs. Some glass got stuck deep in your skin and it was best to put you out for a while. Are you feeling okay?"

I felt more at ease after hearing that, but still freaked out we managed to get into a crash on a mostly content road.
"Yeah, other than it stings a bit. Are you okay?!"

"I'm perfectly fine. The airbag saved me, otherwise I'd probably be dead. But, Vincent.."
His sentenced trailed off.

"Is he.. dead?"

"No. But he's in a coma and they have no idea when he'll wake up, that's if he does."
The last sentence was quiet. I could see the tears falling down his cheeks.

"Come here."

Looking up at me confused, but still comprimising, he made his way over here, movements low from how tired he was.

I took his hand in mine and looked up at him.
"It's going to be okay, I promise you. The.," My voice slightly cracked, I still being on the verge of tears as well.
But I have to stay strong. For both of them.

"Vincent will live through this, he's just that type of person. When life tries to kick him in the ass he pulls a reverse card right back on it.."
Wiping my eyes, I heard Darrly chuckle a bit.
He than leaned in to hug me.

It lasted for a couple minutes, the both of us just silently crying.

He pulled away.
"I should probably inform the doctors you're awake. I'll be right back."

I sighed as he left the room.

This was going to be difficult to deal with.
But we can do it, somehow.