act VIII

"We should show a6d around, what do you think, Bad?" Skeppy smiled, Bad nodded in agreement.

And that's how they managed to drag me around this place they call "home".

The surrounding of it was different from what I'd thought. The streets bustled with people chatting, shopping, going all about their days.

Little shops filled the corners, selling things like clothes, food, toys, antiques, etc.

"Wow, I really expected for this place to be.. I couldn't think of the English word. "More, lifeless?"

"Bland?" Bad corrected.

"Yeah," I replied.

Skeppy took a second to chuckle. "Sure, the border is kind of bland, but in town is a lot nicer. It's not exactly very safe, but if yiu know how to defend yourself when trouble comes it's great!"? He was now wearing a grey sweater with the black shorts to go with it.

"I guess you could say your outfit is kinda bland," I laughed to myself, Bad joined in a bit.

"Oh, shut up." he playfully punched my shoulder, laughing along.

For a few hours we walked around, going around & buying a few things, exploring the small town. Everything seemed to be going perfect, that was until Bad said he'd be right back.

"I just need to go get something," he paused to look at us. I could tell Skeppy was slightly suspicious as well as I. "It's nothing bad. I'll be right back, just stay here guys. Okay?"

We nodded, the both of us still suspicious. Once Bad was out of sight, Skeppy turned to me.
"He's up to something."

"How can you even know?"

"He's been my best friend for as long as I can remember, of course I know when something is wrong or not. And I can say, something here is for sure."
It was weird to see Zak talk like this; even in this twisted world, seeing them so out of character confused me by the most.

"I guess you have a point. Should we go after him?"

"Yeah."

I could feel that sinking feeling in my guts again, something warning me that this would not end well. But so far, that feeling has turned out to be wrong. What is the worst thing that could happen, anyways? Surely it can't be dangerous. He even told us so.

We went over to where we'd seen Bad, looking around for him in the crowd.

"Ho couldn't have gone to fa- Oh, look! There!"
He pointed over to the familiar dark hood from what Bad had worn when I first met him. He didn't come dressed in this, why was he now?

"You are right, something is very wrong." I whispered to him, hoping Bad wouldn't hear us. The chances of it isn't high, but again, he is most likely highly trained in fighting or something of such.

"He's turning down that alleyway- don't lose him!"
We followed Bad down to the alleyway, waiting until he turned another corner to go down the one he last had.

"Why rush?" I questioned to myself, almost feeling like a criminal. This is such a weird thing. I'm in this alternate universe, following around a 'violent' Darryl getting into some type of dangerous business, and a more serious, working Zak.

"I feel like an undercover agent," Skeppy giggled to himself.

Maybe not so much on the serious part, but nonetheless, different.

Right when we turned around a corner, a loud crash & bang filled the air, so similar to the one I'd once heard in the crash. The crash that changed everything.

Again, that sinking feeling came back, this time punching me hard in my gut, making me gag.
Zak started gagging as well, panicing.

"I- I think that some sort of toxin was-" again, he cut off, caughing violently.

I nodded to the way we had came from, & started to dash off back with him.
Both of us were becoming weaker, the edges of my vision blurring, lungs on fire.

The familiar scent of rotten flesh.
So similar to that night.

Black clouds took over my eyes, I couldn't run anymore.
Collapsing agaisnt a wall, I saw my life flash before my eyes.

"This isn't my end.

I refuse to go down like this."