BROKEN GROUP.

CHAPTER
TWENTY FOUR

A few weeks had passed since bringing in Randel.
Rick and Shane attempted to set him lose a few miles out but it went South and they had to bring him back.
I think some people believed Rick should've shot him but I was tried of death.
This farm had become a slaughter house for all.

It was sickening, but here I was, standing in the shed doorway watching as Daryl threw punches, knocking answers out of the kid.

Maybe it was wrong to stand here and watch. But I wanted answers as much as everyone else.
I tried to ignore Randel as he kept turning to me for help but it was it getting harder, as Randel was pretty much crying now.
Daryl told me a few times that I didn't have to stay i insisted.

"I told you-" Randell tries to reason but he's cut off by Daryl.

"You ain't told me shit!" Daryl exclaims grabbing Randall's shirt and shoving him against the shed wall.

"I barely knew those guys." He coughs leaning to the side. "I met 'em on the road."

"How many in your group?" Daryl asks pacing back and forth in front of him.

"Uh, " Randall pauses as if he had to think about.
Daryl pulls his knife out and he jumps back pressing against the wall. "No no no no. Come on, man!" He pleads.

I shift my weight and lean against the door frame as Daryl throws down the knife stabbing the wood beside Randall's leg.

"How many!?" Daryl yells and Randall yelps leaning away.

"Uh, 30. 30 guys!" He answers in a panic.

"Where?" Daryl asks and as Randell hesitates, he ripes off the bandage from his leg digging the tip of his knife into the wound as Randell screams out.

"I don't know. I swear!" He yells as Daryl digs deeper. "We were never any place more then a night."

"Scouting? Planning on staying local?" Daryl cuts farther into the healing wound and I cringe looking away.

"I- i don't know. They- they left me behind." He whines struggling against the knife.

Daryl cuts into the wound ripping at the healing flesh. "Did you ever rip off a scab?"

"Come on, man!" Randall cries out glancing to me for help again.  "I'm- I'm trying to cooperate!"
I ignore him and look away not saying a word.

"Start real slow at first." Daryl looks Randell in the eyes for quick moment before pushing his knife deeper. "Sooner or later, you've just gotta rip it off."

"Okay. okay!" Randell stammers. "They have weapons. Heavy stuff, automatics." He says looking down at his leg. "But- but I didn't do anything!"

"Your boys shot at my boys, tried to take this farm. You just went along for the ride? You're trying to tell me you're innocent?" Daryl snaps and Randell violently shakes his head.

"Yes!" He sighs leaning his head against the wood. "These- these people took me in. Not just guys, a whole group of 'em." He says and Daryl stands up sheathing his knife.

"Men and women, uh, kids too. Just like you people.". Randell says glancing to me. " Thought I'd have a better chance with them, you know? But..."

Daryl paces waiting for him to continue.

"We go out, scavenge... Just the men." He inhales sharply looking down. "One night we- we found this little campsite. A man and his two daughters. Teenagers, you know?"