THE CDC

CHAPTER NINE.

I slowly opened my eyes rolling onto my side and shielding them off the white light.

"What the hell? Did we make I to the CDC?" I mutter sitting up and looking around.
I was in what looked like a bed room, clean white walls, floors and sheets. No smell of the dead and my leg was nicely bandaged with a clean white crisp bandage.

I looked as I heard familiar voices from outside. They were Laughing.

I flipped my legs over the side of the bed and stood up walking to the door.
I pushed it open peeking my head out.  "Hello?" I whispered.

I walked and closed the door behind me heading down the Hall following the voices.  I pulled my knife out and grabbed the door handle yanking the door open.

"Harper?" Dale stood up from a table glancing to the knife in my hand. "You can put that away. " He said smiling.

I lowered it glancing around the table at the happy faces and plates of food. "We made it?" I asked sliding my knife into it holster.

"Yup." Daryl stood up pulling out a chair beside his.
I smiled and sat down glancing down at the plate in front of me.

Daryl sits back down and reaches over filling my glass with wine.

"What happened?" I asked. 
I couldn't help but stare at the doctor.

"You were so busy following Daryl and Rick around you forget to eat and drink." Dale laughs reaching over and Patting my shoulder.

I look to my plate trying to ignore their laughs as my cheeks heat up from embarrassment.

"This is doctor Jennifer by the way. " Shane says motioning his towards the doctor.
He nods at me his eyes trailing to the bruise to my cheek.

Of course, everyone stared at the nasty swollen bruise.

"Harper."

I looked at Ed giving him the evil eye before turning away.

"Next time you decide to take a nap pick a better time." He growls.

"Back off!" Daryl shouts across the table at him.

Rick stands up glaring at Ed before looking towards Jenner. "We appreciate what you've done for us.
Doctor Jenner nods taking another drink from his wine.

      ︵‿︵︵‿︵︵‿︵

"Most of the facility is powered down including housing, so you'll have to make do here. The couches are comfortable, but there are cots in storage if you like. There's a rec room down the hall that you kids might enjoy. Just don't plug in the video games, okay? Or anything that draws power. The same applies... If you shower, go easy on the hot water."
Jenner explains as he walks down the Hall with the Group.

"Hot water!?" T-dog asks stepping up.

"That's what the man said!" Glenn grins.

Glenn and T-dog both jog off down the Hall leaving us behind.  I didn't even think they knew where the showers were.

"Come on." Carol smiles pulling me and Sophia away.  Surprisingly Ed didn't follow.

"A shower sounds amazing." I sigh following Carol.

"I'm going to go look around, go get your shower Harper." She says laying a hand on Sophia's shoulder.

I nod and pull her into a hug. "I'm glad were safe." I mutter before pulling away.
She smiles giving me push.  I walk away trailing down the Hall and searching for the bathrooms.