TRAIL OF BLOOD.

CHAPTER FIVE

I climbed into the trunk and sat in the passenger side watching as Daryl approached the trunk.

He pulls open the door frowning at me. "Scoot over happy feet." He grumbles.

"No, I got shot gun. You sit in the middle." I say folding my arms over chest.
I wasn't giving in to Daryl Dixon.

"Move over or I'm gonna move ya!" He shouts.

I ignored him staring straight ahead at Rick and  Dale chatting.

"Fine." Daryl climbed up leaning in and shoving me over.

"Hey!"

He climbed in and sat down before I could even try to move back.
"Your in my spot." I growl shoving his shoulder.

"Get over it pumpkin." He snapped holding his crossbow across his lap.
I glare and leaned back crossing my arms again.

We waited a few minutes in silence before Daryl groans and leaded over me slamming his hand against the steeling and shouting at rick. "Let's go!"

I push him back in his own seat and watch as Rick ignores us and turns to Shane talking again.

"You tell Carol your leaving?" Daryl asks.

"No,  what's it to you?" I grumble raising a eye brow at him.

"Just wondering." He says raising his hand up and pointing to Ed approaching the vehicle.

I slump down in my seat as he walks up to the driver side.  "Open the door!" He shouts.

I hear Daryl mumble something and I look up as he flips Ed the Bird.
"Hey!" I shout grabbing his wrist.

"Here cones rick." He says pulls away.
Ed continues to bang on the window until Rick steps up behind him.

Ed turns to face him and the two start discussing something.

I lean over cracking the window and listening in on them.
I feel Daryl learning on my shoulder to get a better hear of the conversation.
We might've been a little to noisy.

"She volunteered. The more the merrier." Rick said his eyes gazing up at me and Daryl.

"She's my niece. She ain't gonna into the city." Ed growls folding his arms over his chest.

"She's not a kid." Rick pushes past him and grabbed the door handle pulling it open.

I scooted back in my seat forcing Daryl back in the passenger seat.

"Harper! I'll make you regret this!"

"You be quiet." Rick ordered pointing his finger at Ed.
He climbed in and shut the door turning the key and starting the car.

"You worry bout him. If Shane won't do anything then I sure of hell will." Daryl says staring out the window as we pull away from the camp and Ed.

"He's right. He shouldn't be hitting on you girls." Rick added.

I gulp looking to my lap and gripping the fabric of my pants legs.
I could feel my cheeks burning and hoped they were both to busy to notice it. "I-im not afraid of Ed." I mumbled.
I wasn't sure if they heard me, either of them spoke.

      ︵‿︵︵‿︵︵‿︵

We had stopped the trunk outside the city limits and started moving on foot.
We followed some tracks that got us closer to Atlanta. From there on it would very difficult to get the guns and Merle Dixon.