COULD THIS BE HOME?

CHAPTER FIFTEEN.

I rolled my pants leg up freezing at the sight of purple veins  up my ankle. "Shit." I cursed pulling my pant leg back down and standing up.

"You ready to go?" Dale asks stepping up into the RV. 
I force a smile and nod watching him sit down in the driver's seat.  "You're head to Hershel's farm and hope we can get a better lead on Sophia there." He says looking up at the mirror and smiling.

"Yeah. I know." I mutter glancing out the window.
Carol steps in with Andrea and shuts the door while Dale starts up the engine.

"Daryl's not driving with us?" I ask looking up at her.

"No,  he's taking his brother's bike again." She answers sitting down beside me.

Andrea heads to bed where she stays most the ride.  She wouldn't speak to Dale much.

"How's your foot Harper?" Carol glances down and I quickly pull my foot under the table.

"It's- uh it's fine. I'm fine.  Let's focus finding Sophia and this farm." I smile turning to the window.
Carol nods looking out as daryl passes us on his motorcycle.

I stared out the gripping my leg. It hurts so bad but I didn't want to distracted by it.  I knew I had to deal with it but I hoped it could wait longer. Just a little longer.

       ︵‿︵︵‿︵︵‿︵

We followed Maggie's distractions and soon arrived at a dirt driveway with fences around the property.
I stared out the window pressing my face against the glass and looking out at the cows grazing.

"Cows!? Why Haven't the cows gotten eaten by walkers!?" I ask looking up at Dale.

Dale chuckles shrugging his shoulders. "They have a pretty good set up here." He says parking out into front of the farm house.

I stand up pushing open and door and walking out
It was a beautiful set up.  House, barn and two sheds.

Lori pushed open the screen door and walked down hugging Dale then Carol.

I closed the door walking over as she pulled Andrea into a hug.
I didn't expect anything from her, we didn't get along but surprisingly she hugged me too.

Rick came out and smiled softly stepping down the stairs. 
He looked tired, sweat ran down his forehead and his eyes were bloodshot.

"Hey... " I smiled stepping over and pulling me into my arms. "You look horrible, are you okay?" I whisper.

He nods and pats my back pulling away and walking to the others.
He didn't really give me a answer.

"How is he?" Dale asks laying a hand on Lori's shoulder.

"He'll pull through, thanks to Hershel and his people. " Lori answers .

"And Shane. We'd have lost Carl if not for him."  Rick adds placing his hands on his hips and looking over his shoulder.

"Thank God. We were so worried." Carol sighs smiling up at Rick and lori.

"How'd it happen?" Dale asks.

"Hunting accident. That's all... Just a stupid accident" Rick says gesturing for us to follow him inside.

I hissed in pain and stumbled forwards grabbing the door frame.

"Hey, you okay?" Daryl asks grabbing my upper arm.

"Y-yeah." I nod pulling away and limping into the house.