26. The Party: Part 3 - FINALE

Start from the beginning

"I noticed you crossing your legs," He sighed, "You'll get sick like this, why did you come out here?"

I didn't respond, I looked up at his blue eyes as he finished tying the sweater. Suddenly I started tearing up, he's too kind to me, too gentle, I don't deserve this. I want to be with him so bad, my heart aches for him, but I know he doesn't want me.

I can't do this anymore, I have to push him away or else the feelings I have for him will become way too strong for me to bear.

Taking a step back, I wiped the tears away before they could run down, "You're so annoying."

"What are you-"

I'm sorry, "I was avoiding you because you're annoying, I don't like you, so could you do me a favor and leave me alone?"

The look on his face tore me to pieces, "Rosa, but - "

I stormed into the manor and walked in a fast pace up the stairs, finally letting the tears that wanted out slip down my cheeks. I was so rude to him, I hate myself for that, but this is the best way, all I'll do is bring shame to him and his family.

~

A few hours later, I watched Mikhail's parents saying bye to everyone from my window. They don't know I'm staying in here, I only come in here at night because I need my privacy and I know Alexio wants his room to himself, so his parents think I've been sleeping in his room since we got here.

After what I did to Mikhail, I came to my room and just got ready for bed. He didn't come looking for me, which I feel kinda neutral about, half of me wished he did but the other half is happy that he didn't, if he came looking for me I'd probably end up confessing and facing rejection.

A knock on my door took me out of my train of thought and I told whoever it was to come in. Alexio walked inside and greeted me as he closed the door, "Hey."

I sighed, looking outside again, "I thought you went to sleep."

"No," he sat on my bed, "My bother told me something interesting and I had to ask you about it, why the fuck did you treat him like shit tonight?"

"Ugh," I groaned, "It's none of your business."

"Rosa, he's my brother, it's my business."

Oh, he totally used what I said before against me, "It's not that big of a deal."

Alexio ran his fingers through his hair, "Mikhail isn't like me, Rosa, he's more mature and sophisticated and he doesn't drink much, so when I found him drunk as fuck in front of his bedroom I knew something was up, he told me what happened."

"Well, I don't wanna talk about it!"

"You obviously have something to say though! This whole trip you've been distant and you've been snapping at everyone, even Historia!"

I stood up and slapped the back of his head with my pillow, "Like I said, its not that big of a deal!"

Alexio threw the pillow away and growled as I got ready to smack him with another, "I'm in love with Historia, okay!?"

I stopped raising the pillow midway and dropped it, "What?"

He softened his voice, "I'm in love with Historia, and I know you don't want her to be with me-"

I sat next to him, "It's okay."

"But I really love her and...wait what?"

My lips wobbled and his eyes widened as my voice broke down, "I'm in love with Mikhail."

We sat there in silence, reflecting on our lives and the shitty decisions we made. Alexio went to the bathroom and came back with a tissue for me, "We really fucked up, haven't we?"

I blew my nose and threw the tissue in a trash bin next to my bed, "Yeah."

"How long have you been in love with him?" He asked.

"Remember that party you threw back at home, the one where I was dancing on your pool table?"

He nodded, understanding where I'm getting at, "That long ago?"

"Yup," I sobbed, "I thought it was just a crush that would last for a week, but here I am tonight crying."

Alexio pulled me in for a hug, letting me cry on his shoulder, "I just figured out I'm in love with Historia tonight."

I pulled back, sniffling and wiping my tears away, "How?"

He explained what happened with the holding hands thing and how she was drunk. Fuck, she's going to hate herself in the morning, whoever spiked her drink made her unintentionally break her vow, that's going to hurt her.

"Leave it to Historia to be cute like that," I laughed through my pain, "Do you know how long you've been in love with her."

Alexio shrugged, eyes on the floor, "I think for a while."

I do care he's in love with her, he's going through the same thing I'm going through so I understand how he's feeling, "We really need to turn our lives around."

He agreed and held his hand out for me, "Can we help each other along the way?"

"Oh, Alexio," I gave him a smile and grabbed his hand in mine, "Of course."