24. The Party: Part 1

HISTORIA

My life has to be some sort of drama. The second we walked into Alexio's father's five-story home, he didn't even greet his son, he came walking down a flight of stairs, wagging his finger at Alexio and shouting in Russian.

"It wasn't even a big deal!" Alexio cried.

"Not a big deal!" His father, Alexei, shouted and smacked the back of Alexio's head. "You lied to me and your mother for years, that's not a big deal to you?!"

Rosa and I looked at each other, feeling awkward that we're witnessing Alexio getting scolded right in front of us, "Uh," she said shyly, "we'll be looking for our rooms now if-"

"No," Alexei snapped, "you two stay here and watch this brat, I want him embarrassed."

Rosa gulped and nodded as I stood behind her in fear. Alexei told some of his butlers to carry our stuff to our rooms and he told us to follow him to the living room.

I feel so jetlagged, I just want to go to bed and sleep this off. We sat side by side on a couch and Alexio's father was pacing in front of us. He stopped walking, opened his mouth at Alexio but shut it back again and repeated his actions until he finally began speaking.

"How dare you, Alexio?" he growled.

Alexio took a deep breath, "I know what I did was wrong, I know I shouldn't have become what I am today, but what people are saying about me is a lie, Dad, I fucked those guys up because they hurt a friend of mine."

He's right, a lot of people are spreading false rumors about Alexio, saying stuff like he was drunk and went on a rampage just so he could hurt others.

Alexei asked who was his friend and my eyes widened.

Alexio replied in Russian and his father's face softened a bit. He finally sat down across from us, "Alright, that makes me feel a little better, but a fucking pornstar, Alexio? You could've been a doctor like Mikhail, you could've done great things these past few years."

Oh, my God, this conversation is too personal, why can't me and Rosa just go to our rooms?! It's like we're ghosts in here anyway!

Alexio shrugged and leaned back into the couch, "Ya byl glup (I was stupid)."

"So you know the consequences of your actions?" Alexei asked curiously.

Alexio nodded which made his father confused. I guess he was expecting Alexio to disagree with him.

Alexei finally looked at us and Rosa straightened, ready for any question he was going to shoot at her.

He sighed, "We'll continue this discussion la-"

Then the double doors to the living room flew open and in came a man who looked older than Alexio with facial hair. "Brother!" he said excitedly.

Alexio eyes brightened and he stood up, giving Mikhail a big hug, "I missed you!"

Rosa bit her lip and looked away from Mikhail. I can already tell something is on her mind by the way she's blushing.

"Don't be nice to him," Alexei scoffed, "he's in big trouble!"

Mikhail patted Alexio's back and laughed, placing an arm over his shoulder, "Ah, I don't care if he does porn, Father, I only care about finally celebrating his birthday with him."

"Wait," Alexio raised an eyebrow in confusion, "we're celebrating my birthday?"

Alexei squeezed the bridge of his nose in annoyance, "That was supposed to be a surprise."