the less she knows the better

Maya

I was tapping the heel of my shoe up and down against the floor, as I sat in the lobby with everyone else. I felt the worst feeling hit the pit of my stomach. The anticipation was eating me away, I sat here in this same spot for more than a couple hours. The detectives had interrogated 5 people thus far and each interrogation would last, at the least, two hours.

I didn't know what questions the detectives were going to ask. I didn't know what to truly expect from any of this. I didn't know if they had asked everyone the same questions, or if they went by each person's case from the facility to differ each question from another.

I remember the last time I was questioned in an interrogation room, it just before I went into the facility months ago. It was more of a confession and sealed fate than an interrogation though.

The detectives had brought all 9 of us in to the closest station by the house, but not without bringing us all into the station from each cop car like criminals. Handcuffs and police escorts.

We were all already suspects, I knew that. Was it necessary to bring a bunch of possible sociopaths in by handcuffs?
Absolutely no other way.

"Rebecca Stinefield." One of the detectives walked out of the interrogation room. I looked up at the detective to see his face covered in dried blood and most of it was against the bottom of his nostrils. His nose was still bleeding, but not much.

He had a hold onto Billie's wrists behind her back with the handcuffs, as he walked her out of the room. Her face was splattered with little bit of blood and she had the biggest smirk on her face. What happened in there?

I had not spoken to Billie at all since after we found Harold. I had been trying to avoid her not only because of the constant dreams I had been having, which seemed all too real. I was also very scared of what she could possibly be capable of. Knowing what I knew.

I didn't know much though. In my mind, she still stood out to me as someone with a motive and voices who seemed to dictate her moves. She was a very interesting suspect, and she had been the person that could not leave my mind as someone who was capable for such. Harold, of course, gave me that assumption right before he died.

Rebecca stood up from her chair right next to me and as she moved up slowly towards the detective. The detective shoved Billie down next to me in the same chair Rebecca got up from with force.

"Fucking cunt." The detective mumbled. Billie chuckled lowly back in response. Well, we know she put quite an impression.

"What was that about? What's with the blood on you two?" I wasn't going to speak, but the curiosity got the better of me. I guess Billie hadn't realized the detective shoved her right in the chair next to me.

She began to look towards me. I had a feeling that she was ready to curse me out for even asking. As soon as she made eye contact with me her eyes softened just a little.

"Nothing." She simply said, then turned her head back forward. It certainly wasn't just nothing.

Billie

"Alright Ms. O'Connell we've discussed your history, I guess from whatever you chose to detail even though it's all on file. Do you know why we've really brought you into this room?" I've been in this interrogation room for way too damn long and all that we discussed this past hour, was my records. Not even about the fucking dead guy.