"Do you know how fucked up we all are?"

6/20/2022
Billie O'Connell
3:05 pm

"Hey Billie. Mrs. Mackenzie wants to speak with you." Clay, my guard that was assigned to watch me, walks into my room. I look over my shoulder from my desk and already seeing the loose handcuffs ready to go around my wrists.

"Is there a particular reason why Miriam wants to speak with me?"

"You been in here 3 years and you don't already know?" I roll my eyes at the response and turn myself back towards my desk, finishing my drawing.

I have this recurring image that I draw almost every day, and the features stay the same almost always each picture. It's a picture of the monster that was in my closet at the age of 14 every night, before I was sent here to rot away forever.

I knew what was coming, but I didn't want to face it.

I remember every single rumor for three years about that damn experiment. Would be lying if I said I didn't fear the thought of not coming out, even if anything's better than this hell hole. Especially death.

I sigh and run my fingers through my hair. "Yeah I know. Just don't wanna go."

"Ah come on kid, you'll make friends. Maybe find someone to fancy too?"

"Fancy? Are you British all of a sudden?"

"You know what I mean." I did know what he meant. I didn't like the sound of it.

I hated the thought of 'love'. Never had it, never will. Love isnt real, at least in my history of seeing people 'in love', it was never real.

Besides, the stories of the experiment and the houses never end well for anyone. After years you would think they'd just leave us alone, and let us keep our sanity to ourselves. But that'll never be the case until Miriam's in her grave.

"Why do they still do this stupid ass experiment Clay? You'd think after years of it not working they'd lay the fuck off-"

"Well it's worked for all of the houses, except for the third floor house. That's why it's still being tested. All they want is peac-"

"They're not gonna get it from our floor, that's for damn sure."
"Do you know how fucked up we all are?  Put us all in a house together and people don't come out alive. Just as proven multiple times." I roll my eyes again, knowing they will never get the gist and knowing this argument is pointless.

Clay walks up next to me and taps my shoulder, gesturing me to stand up and put on my cuffs. I do as he suggests and I stand, holding out my wrists.

He peers his eyes over to my desk with the drawings of the same being I've had in my mind since I was 14.

It never goes away, I still dream of him every night.

"You're a really good artist kid. If you weren't in here do you think you'd be pursuing that?"

"I don't know. I don't know what the fuck I'd be doing right now if I wasn't in here." I really didn't want to think about what could've been. Because it'll never be.

"Hopefully this experiment will help you cope." He finishes cuffing my wrists and I lay my wrist down in front of me. I start waiting for Clay to lead the way to Miriam's office.

"Highly unlikely." I reply back just to finish this conversation of hope and prosperity.

Don't get me wrong Clay has got good intentions, but he's going down the wrong path trying to give a psycho in a lethal category hope. There will never be hope. That's for certain.

Maybe my misery will end when my life ends in this house.

Hopefully.

-

heya so here's another starter chapter, this one is short but it's for you guys for you to get to know the main characters. no, they haven't met or know each other yet but soon.....

please vote so I know you'd like to keep reading this story or I won't post much. Thank you so much for reading

for updates on when I post I have an instagram
@blcaupro
thanks for reading guys I'm really excited for this book and I hope you all are too! Xo